The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:25:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mortgage Vultures. Good or bad?  (Read 12817 times)
WA1GFZ

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »

I paid this place off about 25 years ago. My taxes cost more than the loan.
They just keep floating bonds on useles projects and driving taxes higher.
but we have nice pavers on the side walks in town
ka3zlr
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 02:00:02 PM »

Frank yer taxes cost more than the loan on yer house..Wholly Crap... Angry
WB2YGF
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »

33% of my mortgage payment is property tax.  65% of my property taxes go to the schools.  15% goes to the rest of the municipal budget.  The school budget never gets voted down.  They are in a race to see what township can spend the most per pupil and build the fanciest schools, to attract even MORE children, and spend even more on expansion.

It's the price I pay for living where the jobs are.  Property and taxes are a lot lower where there are no jobs.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »

Frank said:
[That is what they want the people building cars to do. If the royal clas has free health care why not the rest of us. If the royal class retires with a sweet deal how about the tax payers or are we just useless serfs.

So Frank, let me get this right. If a person works hard all his life to obtain a 'royal class', then we should penalize him? As opposed to a person who sits on his a$$ and does absolutely nothing, we are expected to support him. The scales here seem awfully skewed.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
WA1GFZ

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »

I talking about the royalty class of blood suckers in our government not hard working people who get off their asses and earn it.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 03:14:56 PM »

When I moved into theis place I paid $308 a month. Now I pay more in taxes. Pretty sad how the useless town manages to blow so much money that they have to borrow themselves to force even higher taxes. My street was paved 27 years ago so should not complain.
WB2YGF
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 04:17:36 PM »

When I moved into theis place I paid $308 a month. Now I pay more in taxes.
LOL, wanna trade taxes? You could double that, and it wouldn't be as much as I pay in property tax/month, and most people in this area pay a lot more than I do.  I have no sidewalks, no sewers, no water, no gas and no municipal trash pickup.  They plow the road in the winter, and clean the leaves from the gutters...that's about all I see of them.  When I moved here, we paid about $160 in taxes, but the house was smaller then.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 05:21:33 PM »

no, I suggest you move
WB2YGF
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »

Another firm for whom bad times are good times:

Rising Tide Of Bankruptcies Fills The Coffers Of Software Maker
Norm Alster
Friday March 6, 2009, 6:19 pm EST

Such is the good fortune of Epiq Systems a supplier of software, administrative and consulting services used in legal proceedings. Epiq has its hand in two activities that seem sure to flourish through the current malaise: bankruptcy and litigation.

For the fourth quarter of 2008, Epiq reported revenue just over $55 million. That's 41% better than a year ago. For all of 2008, revenue soared by 37%. Earnings, affected by a variety of business mix and interest rate factors, also grew, though at a somewhat slower clip.

Pressure is mounting for countless businesses that need to raise funds in tight credit markets.

That means more engagements for Epiq, which plays in both Chapter 11 bankruptcy and Chapter 7 liquidation proceedings.

"It's a very robust time in the Chapter 11 business. The Chapter 11 business will grow in double digits, and we anticipate it will be an extremely big year," said Epiq Chief Executive Tom Olofson.

Chapter 11 filings have shot up in recent months. Many highly leveraged companies are unable to refinance maturing debt. "We feel that Chapter 11 filings will continue to escalate as we go through 2009 and probably into 2010," said Olofson.

Epiq provides a number of services during Chapter 11 proceedings. It maintains the corporate database, handles legal noticing and provides consulting service to the debtor company.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Rising-Tide-Of-Bankruptcies-ibd-14573361.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015