The AM Forum
May 19, 2024, 07:59:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MP3 TO WAV CONVERTOR  (Read 3981 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« on: April 06, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »

Somewhere along the way I lost my ability to copy files off my computer to play music files on ordinarily CD players . Where am I going wrong or where is there a simple free convector that I can use? I have the Nero's and many others but cannot make a copy that will play on a CD. I do not want to use an MP3 on the CD. Just wav's.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
KA1ZGC
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »

You're not accidentally burning it as a Data CD, perhaps?
Detroit47

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »

If you have windows media player you just have to make sure it is using CDA format. If there is a problem with it the media player software it is free on Microsoft’s website.

73 N8QPC
kc2ifr
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:40:03 PM »

Or this Terry.........
http://www.tomdownload.com/audio/audio-converters/mp3-cd-converter.html

Bill
WB2YGF
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »

Somewhere along the way I lost my ability to copy files off my computer to play music files on ordinarily CD players . Where am I going wrong or where is there a simple free convector that I can use? I have the Nero's and many others but cannot make a copy that will play on a CD. I do not want to use an MP3 on the CD. Just wav's.
An "ordinary" CD player can't play .wav files.  That said, I don't know what the preferred format is for burning CD audio tracks. It may be .wav, but just to be clear, burning .wav files as data is not going to be playable.
KA1ZGC
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »

Have you been using Nero all along? I've used Nero with no problems at all. Did it suddenly stop working for you? If so, you may have a mangled codec.

Nero should automatically do the conversion for you. I've fed it MP3s and WAVs (on the same CD, even) and it just did the right thing.

Have you tried the CD in different CD players? Not all CD players handle CDRs very well. Even more CD players have trouble with CDRWs.

If the optics are more than 10 years old, it's frequently hit-or-miss with anything other than a pressed CD.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 09:17:34 PM »

Besides possibly the CDA format
Is your recording software FINALIZING the CD??? If not finalized it will not play anywhere.
Not sure what takes place for finalizing, but it must happen. And the computer that recorded the disc has to finalize it.
I ran across this with a DVD format. Recorded on one machine and tried to finalize on another DVD recorder..........no dice!
Just another .02 cents worth

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 03:11:49 PM »

Hi Thom
I have that problem with an 11yr old dual CD player now. She's getting a little finniky about looking at CD-R's. They have to be GOLD CD's or Sony's. Commercial CD's no problem. Verbatim's and some Memorex and a few others are long reading times before she sees the contents.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 10:18:44 AM »

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. I have discovered that I don't have a good CD player around here. I do have two players at another location. I'll hook one of them up next week and see what happens.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015