The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:13:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surplus Sales of NE can bite me. Get yer Sterling Silver STRAP on ebay  (Read 3847 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: February 02, 2009, 01:28:32 PM »

look up aaasilverwarehouse store. he sells .925 sterling silver sheets 1" by 6" in various gauges that are just right and first class for your tx requiring some RF STRAP.

I got some for the Gonset amp ( one of the deliveries I was waiting on ) and it's not that much more and in some cases less $$$ than silver plated copper.

Stuff solders like a dream. Cut it with scissors into the length and width you need.    Cool Cheesy

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/AAAsilverwarehouse__W0QQ_armrsZ1

flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:10:40 PM »

I know, I know, Surplus Sales can be very expensive and you were lucky to find another source.
I have bitten the bullet and bought from them and I was very pleased. That HUGE knife switch came from THEM!!!! ha!!!

Phred

Fred KC4MOP
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »

AKA Ripoff Sales of Nebraska

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:10:35 PM »

15 or so years ago when I first heard of SSofN I wanted to get their catalog.  He wanted something like $4.00 or something for it at the time.  So I sent the funds.  Never got the catalog and never will buy from them even if they have the last piece on earth I need for a project.  They can go pound sand into glass.

I didn't see Derbs post before I posted this for other metals and materials.
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=18533.0

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 10:39:20 PM »

they must be selling something to someone, or it is operated as a tax write-off.. I can't afford their high retail prices. Maybe they sell to the industrial-scientific community. Their goods are of high quality, only super-costly. Hey if they got your $4 and it's eating you, call them up on the 800 number and demand it back, citing your dissatisfaction with their service.

Last year on my military vehicle road trip I did the surplus route and wanted to go to SS of N, but they politley declined citing no public sales area. I really wished I could have toured the place.

SS o' N makes Fair Radio look cheap, and Fair's not cheap, but at least it is 'fair', the owner is friendly, you can walk the store, and I've never been cheated by them. Heck they make even Toronto Surplus look cheap! (That guy is OK in my book too!)

One thing we should consider is that the word surplus does not mean the same as discount.
I could sit here and say I have 24 each 3B28's surplus, and ask $50 each for them. They would still be properly called "surplus" (till the day I died likely).

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:53:07 PM »

"Surplus Sales of NE can bite me."

hehehehheh....  funniest title I've seen in a long time, Derb.

I'll never forget a catalog I got from them back around 1988.  I read it over the air...

Listed was one of those 3 section receiver-type broadcast variable capacitors. You can buy them new-old-stock at most flea markets for $5-$10 max, even today.

They wanted $125 for it!

Yep,   "Surplus Sales of NE can bite me."

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
WB3JOK

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 05:04:18 PM »

$urplu$ $ale$ of Nebra$ka is my store of last resort... but sometimes they DO have what I need, and haven't been able to find it anywhere else, so I have on rare occasion bent over and paid. But not often.  Angry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015