The AM Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:34:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Zenith broadcast radio schematic HELP  (Read 4985 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« on: January 13, 2009, 03:08:59 PM »

Do anyone know of a link for a schematic for a vintage Zenith BC radio Model LH?

It works somewhat if I turn the volume all the way up. I note that an unknown resistor to the wiper on the volume pot looks fried or just falling apart due to age. I think this radio was make between 1921 and 1935. Found it at a dump and it followed me home  Grin

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Ed/KB1HYS
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »

Try this

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/367/M0043367.htm

cut and paste link if it don't work

Good Lucl!

73 de Ed/KB1HYS
Happiness is Hot Tubes, Cold 807's, and warm room filling AM Sound.
 "I've spent three quarters of my life trying to figure out how to do a $50 job for $.50, the rest I spent trying to come up with the $0.50" - D. Gingery
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:29:56 PM »

Zenith radios always have great audio. I hope yours will come to life and that it has a BIG SPEAKER

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:42:03 PM »

Interesting radio..................Looks like a Tombstone and called a Zenette. Speaker looks like there should be nice sound.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »

That's about the coolest twisted pair filament wiring I've ever seen on a schematic.  Not only does it represent a twisted pair but it's an AC sine wave.

RICK  *W3RSW*
WB2YGF
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »

I have a Westinghouse N 202.  Does anyone knows where I can get a schematic for that?

http://radioattic.com/item.htm?radio=0002529
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »

I need to find a schematic for a radio, but unfortunately there's no model number on the radio cause the rats in the barn that it must have been in chewed the label off, the thing even had mud wasp nests in it. Anyway the volume pot that is on it doesn't have an on-off position. I had to put a jumper across the switch to get it to work, and to turn it off and on I took a light switch(not a cord switch, I mean one of the wall switches) and nailed a box to the back of this thing( it was no great loss I figured, it wasn't in good shape anyway) with the switch in it and hooked that across the hot side of the wire, then put a switchplate over it to keep from getting zapped. To make a long story short, has anyone heard of the Tru-Test brand of radios?
Shelby KB3OUK

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »

Tru-Test - Wholesale Radio Service Co. Inc.; New York City - Trade names Duo Symphonic, Lafayette

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 10:14:38 AM »

thanks Pete

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »

Tru-Test - Wholesale Radio Service Co. Inc.; New York City - Trade names Duo Symphonic, Lafayette

Didn't Monkey Wards sell them as well??  Or was it Western Auto or White's Auto?
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »

Didn't Monkey Wards sell them as well??  Or was it Western Auto or White's Auto?

Montgomery Ward & Co., 619 Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Trade names:
Airline, Balbao, Cavalier, Challenger, Collegian, Commander, Commodore, Coronado, Cortez, Dictator, Fantasy, Minstrel, Princess, Sereander, Solo, Sovereign.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015