The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:15:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marlboro 'Fest on Valentine's Day - Make your evening plans NOW :-)  (Read 3947 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: January 28, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »

The Marlboro, MA flea is being held on Valentine's day.... so let the negotations with the women in our lives begin  Cool

I made reservations at a nice, romantic place *before* announcing that Marlboro was on Valentine's day.   I still had to convince Sherrie I would be back way before dinner time.    Wink

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
w8khk

This ham got his ticket the old fashioned way.

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »

The Marlboro, MA flea is being held on Valentine's day.... so let the negotations with the women in our lives begin  Cool

Yeah, Steve - this is also the case with the Orlando Hamcation, Feb 13, 14, and 15.  Can have a nice romantic dinner any evening.  But festers within driving distance come once a month at best!

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”   Ronald Reagan

My smart?phone voicetext screws up homophones, but they are crystal clear from my 75 meter plate-modulated AM transmitter
WA1GFZ

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »

Day before right.......Then there was 1991 and almost headed out but changed my mind when XYL went into labor two weeks early.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »

Spoken like a true veteran, Steve! Maybe you could start a how-to column in the handbook section for the newly married? I mean, you just can't find that kind of info and experience when you need it. Wink

Frank, I've heard of women going to extremes, but that one takes the cake. All just to keep you from going to a 'fest. Women!

FrostFest is on the 7th, so guys in the mid Atlantic area have a little breathing room before the day. Of course, hauling home something big can really have a lasting effect. I'm in 'divest' mode, gonna take some lessons from HUZ and Johnny Novice on how to sells lotsa stuff fast. Coming home with greenbacks is guaranteed to make her smile. Just leave your newfound treasures in the trunk for a few days....

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:59:08 PM »

Spoken like a true veteran, Steve! Maybe you could start a how-to column in the handbook section for the newly married? I mean, you just can't find that kind of info and experience when you need it. Wink

Well, I don't know about the newly married.  I suppose the newly married (or newly living together, etc.)
wouldn't go to the 'fest at all  Cool 

Sherrie was definitely a bit trepidatious about me going on V. day, and it did require a bit of diplomacy   Smiley

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »

I'm thinking of starting an annual Mt. Airy, Md. Mothers' Day Hamfest.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WA1GFZ

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 07:44:26 PM »

Easy way to get a life time pass. Just act like you sold stuff and come home with a gift for V day.

Yea Todd I was all set to go and got a sinking feeling something was going to happen. good thing I stayed home and we kid about it every year the flea comes up.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »

And then one for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We can PO the entire female population.

I'm thinking of starting an annual Mt. Airy, Md. Mothers' Day Hamfest.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 04:01:25 PM »

After 25 years together I found a nice card with $50 in it the night before works wonders. She's impressed you didn't forget and she usually takes off with the teenage daughter, who BTW got a card with $25 in it, to spend it.

Leaves me with all day free to do as I please!!

Expensive..... yes but she'd worth it Grin
W1JS

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »

The original Hosstraders was always the Saturday before Mother's Day.  There were a couple of vendors off Route 9 selling flowers not far from Deerfield that did a pretty good business Saturday afternoon.  Now, at Marlboro, some enterprising individual could be selling roses right outside the hamfester...  Grin

73 de
W1JS
Jack
No. Weare NH
WA1GFZ

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »

Jack roses don't do well at 10 degrees and the wind blowing 30 MPH. The usual Marlboro WX. The only warm spot is cooking in the sun standing in line at the solar furnace.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015