The AM Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:48:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paraphase Inverter driving modulator grids  (Read 16559 times)
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »

Yeah hi Jim,

I must have been about 30% more brain dead when I looked that schematic the first time! I really did not see the choke. The choke tries to raise the impedance of the plate very high, while keeping the DCR back down a the value set by the resistors plus the DCR of the choke.

Using the current source in the tail is of course nothing new.
In the audio circles there has been years of discussion on the application of chokes in the plate, especially the "parafeed" circuit for SE, which is a lot like modified Heising that we all know about for ham apps...

Seems like the choke in the plate would have a similar effect as would a current mirror in the same place... not quite the same, but similar...

Since it is cap coupled at the output and there is B+ sitting on the other side of the cap, not sure I see how this set up can be used for AB2.

For a very very excellent run down on almost every variation of every tube circuit for audio you can think about go and search for John Broskie, his TubeCad site is outstanding. Quite frankly, I am amazed that some people can accomplish so much and do so much experimentational study and document it - how to find the time, energy and still take care of just staying alive??

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015