The AM Forum
May 19, 2024, 11:45:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIGITAL TV CONVERTER BOX  (Read 2501 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« on: November 06, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMeaX8Kz2TM

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:34:41 PM »

I'm sure there will be many clueless folks out here after FEB 2009

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
kc2ifr
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »

Funny stuff Terry.............
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »

My next door neighbor Mrs Reggio is very much like the woman in this video. I ordered two converters. One for me and the other for her.

Mrs. Reggio is 87 years young and dose really good for her age. She has no idea how this stuff works so I am helping her through it. I hooked up a converter box to the rabbit ears  and she is in heaven with the new channels.

Flo is a Detroit Tigers fan. More than that, she is a AM radio fan and listens mostly to radio unless a game is on TV. She says she likes my signal I blank out everything else on the dial. She just wishes she could hear you! I tell her your just a bunch of ruffians with bad language and she's not missing anything.  Grin

Mike
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:59:33 AM »

I visited an old friend on election night, a lady who is now 92 or 93 years old.  She lives with her daughter out in the country, too far off the road to get cable, so she uses rabbit ears.  We watched some of the election returns, and the analogue picture was snowy at best with her rabbit ears.  I didn't ask her if she was getting a box, but I suspect she hasn't a clue.  I didn't mention anything about it the other night, but I need to check with her daughter to make sure they know how to get a converter box.   She is almost 100% shut-in, and I'm sure she would miss her TV, even though she doesn't watch it a tremendous lot.  My wife's rabbit ears TV had a snowy picture, but with the converter box, the quality seems to be better than what we get on cable.

One thing I notice with the converter box is that the picture varies in size.  Sometimes it is full screen, but on other stations, or when they change programs on the same station, the picture may reduce in size, and not completely fill the screen in either the horizontal or vertical direction.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015