The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:10:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: public thanks to the neo-AM gangsters  (Read 3496 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »

hi all, down at my dad's house for 2 days where I have internet. wanted to say tnx OM's to mike 2ZE, JN, and HUZ who re put up my antenna on this past sunday. I got on and reports were universally good, but the match box would not tune the antenna below 4 to 1 swr .... or into my termaline.

of course, the termaline has no reflected power at all, so something is amiss in the tuna. everyone thinks my link coil is to blame, so I re-did it, and got 3 to 1 best match. I'll be home again in a day and try it again.  When I get that sorted out I'll be on wit da maul which was tested into the termaline this AM on the low tap and is making plenty o RF.  Cool

I have no net access at home at the moment, so I cant get emails, posts, etc. CU on 75.  Cheesy                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »

A fun time was had by all, except DRB's dog that got tangled in some fishing line  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:56:39 AM »

Hi Tim,
It's been a long road. And I hope things are getting better in DERB land.
What channel are you hanging on............caawmawn
Phred

Fred KC4MOP
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 09:50:18 AM »

I'll be in the GHETTO.  Cheesy

wont be back home until tomorrow evening and gotta figure why the matchbox wont tune lower than 3 to 1 into a perfect load. once I do that I'll stick the amp in line.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »

oh, my wife informs me that another one of our dogs is at the vet and bleeding internally and may not make it so she is torn up. Will have to give her special care when I get back. Wifey comes first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015