The AM Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:22:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LB-1T-350  (Read 1544 times)
W9ZSL
Contributing

« on: October 19, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »

Louden Boomer Transmitter #1, 350 watts.

Julie, (XYL) has promised she will turn her patio bench/garden stuff storage area back into my Harris rack tomorrow. It's about 5' 6" and over 150 #. The LB-1T my winter project and re-entry into ham radio is underway. I probably will just go for the Tech class for now. Sharpen my fist for some serious straight key CW. Let me tell you what I'm planning. The more you know the more you might be able to help out.

I'm building a simple exciter first around an early 50's Radio Handbook design.  6AG7 osc...6L6 output. The exciter PS will also provide screen voltage to the 4-125A final.

The transmitter will be completely modular and all tube except for the two HV supplies and the final bias. Those will be solid state rectifiers. Each module will be independant so I plan to use the exciter as a 20 watt QRP CW rig and break it in. RCVR a Cherry Heath Kit HR-10B. Then when I get my General, I'll plug my 3885 xtal into my matching DX-60B and rag chew. Then later...Plate Modulation with the audio coming from my recording studio processors.  Wish me luck!  73's, 88's, Peace, love, dope, incense, crash pads and Hari Krishna all you groovy freaks.  Grin Shocked Roll Eyes Mike

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015