The AM Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:22:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Class E AM Forum at Boxboro ARRL Convention 23-Aug-08  (Read 2138 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: August 11, 2008, 11:19:07 AM »

Hi !

There is a class E AM forum scheduled for the Boxboro ARRL convention on Saturday, 23-Aug-2008 at 3:00 pm.

Since we have a very large collective intelligence with respect to the subject, we will have a very fine forum if a bunch of us are there.

Bring RF amplifiers, modulators, and of course your experience.  I intend on having at least a prototype of my new transformerless modulator/power supply there, along with a compact 8 MOSFET, 450 watt RF amplifier using digital gate drive at the event (not operating - just for "show").

A great deal has happened since the first class E forum back in - when was it - 2002, I think?  Much to talk about.

If anyone wishes to speak or share something, please let me know.  I know there's been a lot of work going on in the class E field, and many here have good information and experiences to share.  We will have a good LCD projector, and I will bring my laptop computer, if you need A/V support materials.

If you've never attended Boxboro, it is a pretty good event, and there is always a good flea market in the parking lot adjacent to the convention hotel.  Of course, there are lots of commercial exhibits inside as well - and there are many other forums.

See you there !!!

Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 07:43:55 AM »

In addition to class E, I have had several requests to talk about Pulse Width Modulator for both tubes and solid state.  So, this subject will also be covered.

If you've got any PWM experiences or questions, bring them along !

Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
ka2zni
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 04:46:18 PM »

Hey Steve,

Great talking to you today... Been a while since I've been on! Good luck with the forum, hope you have alot of people that have an interest this year and show up for you.

73's..
Kevin KA2ZNI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015