The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:55:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 300G Under Power (Att'n: RALPH)  (Read 5018 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: July 30, 2008, 09:57:09 AM »

Some time ago (maybe April or May) I mentioned finally getting the BC transmitter project to power up, and offered pictures as proof. Well, my old HP POS camera gave up the ghost on me, so I had to have MrMike take any needed photos for me whenever he visited. Strangely, Mike's camera worked fine at first, then appeared to have problems with focusing. He said the last shots he took here, even with a flash and good light, weren't usable. So I dug out the old HP, smacked it a bit (really) and it started working again. True, part of the LCD for the feature display doesn't work, but who needs it anyhow? It either takes pics or it doesn't. Amazingly, it seems to work where other, better cameras fail. It is a bit pixel-poor, but it was a cheap camera when I bought it 7 years ago.

Anyhow, Ralph reminded me a few times of my words but eventually gave up, so here are a couple quick shots taken last night and this morning. It's heading south to NC next week, so time was short. Hopefully Ralph hasn't given up radio for shuffleboard in the meantime.   Grin

* 300G_Lit1.JPG (344.23 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 448 times.)

* 300G_Lit4.JPG (309.4 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 381 times.)

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
N0WEK
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:46:11 AM »

That is a gorgeous piece of equipment!

Now you've made me drool on my keyboard! Smiley

Diesel boats and tube gear forever!
Ralph W3GL
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 03:05:11 PM »

Hi Todd,

Okay, at least the filaments are lit... Don't see the big red jewel lit, though.
Of course, only one meter of the main group is showing any action!

Figured you were well into moving the northern household south by now but continue to note postings here.

The 3733 Kc operations (5 to 6 or so eastern time) are still going on but only a few appear what with the S.S. (summer static).  If'n you still have an RF generator on line, pop in and keep us up to date...

Oh, I see that CHWO there on 740 has changed call signs (CFZM, Zoomer Radio!).  Format still the same.

73,  Ralph  W3GL 

"Just because the microphone in front of you amplifies your voice around the world is no reason to think we have any more wisdom than we had when our voices could reach from one end of the bar to the other"     Ed Morrow
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 03:59:54 PM »

its the ghost of Art Collins. messin with yo cameras, dude. RUN!
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »

Yep, the ghost of Art is haunting you for taking a turn off'n that endpoint adjust coil!!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 07:31:17 PM »

That is HP bowing in the presence of Collins Todd.
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 08:54:33 PM »

Sweet looking Todd.

Have a good move. Hope you will be /1 at NEAR-Fest.

Carl /KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 11:23:50 AM »

You can still make it up this weekend Carl, before the stuff starts disappearing. The moving doesn't start until next week, so the timing is perfect. Wink I'll be at NEAR-Fest, still part of the team, just won't be as local.

Yep, the ghost of Art is haunting you for taking a turn off'n that endpoint adjust coil!!

That was YOOOOU, mistah. Don't be confusin' the ghost. I'm the one who swapped out a smashed RCA connector on the back on my first KWM-2A for a BNC. For shame!

Ralph, the big, red PLATE jewel isn't lit because I haven't gotten that far yet. Just seeing something on it light up was a HUGE event in my life. 5 years this month since we hauled it back from Cortez, CO. W2ILA has been helping me through some wiring issues with it over the last coupla years as time permitted, I am confident it will be on 160 later this fall. And I'll even have room for a REAL 160 ant. down south. I bet I'll be able to work Jim in 5 Land. Grin

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 06:31:08 PM »

wow, 5 years? I dont feel quite as bad about not getting all my stuff fixed and oTA in 10 months.  Undecided

still sux tho.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »

I'm more than happy to cast the blame on you, Todd - I sure as hell don't want to be haunted by the ghost of Art for modifying one of his masterpieces Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 01:50:11 AM »

Todd,
       I can't wait to hear it grace the aether! BTW, how did the RCA "Meatball" 810's work out for you?

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

If you look closely at the two 810s on the right hand side in the close up Joe, they should look familiar. I wasn't sure if they'd show up well enough for you to see them or not. So far, they are HiHiFB, OM. They replaced the two that went up to K1BF, only for testing purposes and the photo op, then back into the wrapping until showtime. If I can make some time after trip #1 to fix the KW-1, I'll plug them in so you can hear them sing for their supper.  Grin

wow, 5 years? I dont feel quite as bad about not getting all my stuff fixed and oTA in 10 months.  Undecided

still sux tho.

'Twas women and drink that led me astray!

Art's not such a bad guy, John - even in ghost form. At least not until the 'mine are better than yours, and I have 30 of them' types get him all wound up, that is. Then you'd better take Derb's advice and RUNShocked

I've always wondered if he and Orville Redenbacher were separated at birth...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015