The AM Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:05:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm piss-weak. :(  (Read 2674 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: June 23, 2008, 12:27:19 PM »

I have a signal like a pissweak little mobyile.  Cry  piss & moan, piss and moan.

the w7fg antenna and 60 ft of airspace will cure this ailment. I don't think static will be as bad tonight.
Jerry-n5ugw
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:06:29 PM »

Derb, did you get the gonsetter strokin???
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 03:47:44 PM »

no, I've been spending all my time on getting the matchbox back in operation, which it now is - I'd be in good shape now if the storm hadn't had taken my antenna down.  I have to get another one back up in the air. I got one from W7FG and it's going to be the one going back up.

To do that, I gotta get 200 ft more black rope and a recurve bow offa ebay and shoot it up there. I will work on the gonset (s) next. ( I got 2 now ya know)

I'll take some new pix shortly. I have all the new parts I need to do both Gonsets. beefier 3A diodes, the measures mods, lotsa new cps and rx's,
new silver STRAP, nichrome wire and ribbon, all kinda stuff.
Tim WA1HnyLR

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:45:05 AM »

Hi Derb,
 Did you state that all you have is 60 feet of horizontal space to erect an ant? If so I could shed some light on an efficient 40 meter open wire fed diaperpole that will efficiently radiate on 75 M ,plus on making the Junkston Flashbox deal with the bizzare load impedance. I have a friend in Bangor that all he has room for is a 40 meter diaperpole. He does have two very tall trees. The open wire line is #8 copper . The antenna is #10 copperclad steel. The end insulators are 12" long low loss ceramic type. The spreaders for the open wire line are low loss ceramic . My friends signal is comparable to those with full sized ants. Hopefully you have room to grow a big ant but if not there is still hope
TimWA1HnyLR
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »

hey tron,

I was teh pis weaker last night.  Cheesy

I got enough space to put that W7FG fullsized 75 meter antenna up at 45 to 60 ft. My other antenna was only intended to be a temporary one until the W7FG got up.

the W7FG ant is full-sized and fed with 600 ohm ladder line. The old antenna is dead, 1/2 of it is on the ground. Got blew down by a storm 2 weeks ago. Until then I was doing real well with the ft 101 barefeats.

with a bit more work I think I can get the first Gonset running in not too much time. Slab put a FB transceiver ptt switching circuit in it. I'm going to put the 572B's in it an do some work designed to tame the thing down a bit. It eats band-switches, and I'm not sure if it because of parasitics or teh flimsy bandswitch  split finger contacts cant handle the tank current. they arc and blow up whenever the thing is in operate. works ok in tune.

I got lots of solid contacts that don't have those stupid little tiny split fingers. it burns away right at those fingers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015