The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:54:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April 2008 Edition of CQ on Newstands Now  (Read 1977 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: March 31, 2008, 04:04:34 PM »

Worthy of picking up as it has an excellent article in it written by MrMike, W1RC about saving the regional hamfest, with a nice sidebar about the history of Hosstraders.

The articles both include pictures, the Hosstraders photo being the one taken at the very last Hosstraders event at Deerfield of the AMers. See how many you can pick out. 

Good job, Mike!

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
WB2CAU

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »

I'm glad you made this posting, Todd.  If you hadn't, I would've.  Joe, WA2PJP, gave me a heads-up about the article and I went a hunting today.  The first bookstore I went to apparently no longer carries ham radio or radio communications magazines at all.  The second one had only 2 copies, now there's only one left.  Radio related magazines are slowly disappearing from mainstream retail outlets.  We are becoming an endangered species.

Anyway, the article is great and I thank Mister-Mike for writing it and including all of the great photos, including the classic group shot of AMers at Deerfield in October 1992.  I think this publicity for Nearfest III will be helpful in re-establishing Deerfield as Northeast's big one.

73, Eric - WB2CAU

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:31:32 PM »

Yeah, I snagged a few issues at Timonium where some gal was selling them for a buck each. Gave one to Joe as well as G(who asked me to keep it in the bag where it still resides today). Had this wonderful idea to have all the folks in the photo sign their name and callsign around the picture for future generations to enjoy, then promptly forgot and left the mags in Joe's Blazer. Still planning to do it, looks like it'll be next year before WA3JYU and a few others can sign it.

You were conspicuous by your absence, Eric. We had a wonderful time at the 'fest but especially at Frank & Carol's party, followed by a trip to W3JN.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015