The AM Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:52:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reduce Vonage Audio For Cordless  (Read 2457 times)
flintstone mop
Contributing

« on: April 04, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »

Hello
Maybe some Telco types could answer this one. I would like to reduce the audio from my Vonage box. It distorts the cordless phones. Receive audio sounds like hell. I realize that we have to maintain any D.C. loop and the ringing voltage for a standard telephone set. The audio to a standard set is fine. Some of the phones in the house have little amps in them to boost earpiece audio. It's this blamed cordless phone that really sux. I guess I could get a scheezo and break into the cordless base station and snoop for any audio adjustments, but I doubt that there would be that option. Manufacture figures aduio levels should be standard in the Telco industry. Vonage says that audio adjustments are software settings in their box and they do not allow access to that part of their box. Ohhh well. The fun days of tweeking are over. Me and my little screw driver were very famous during my working dayz.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »

My cordless phone has a volume control on it.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »

Hi Pete,
Mine does too. I'm talking about the amount of audio coming into the cordless phone unit from the Vonage router. I have the headset volume reduced to one notch above no volume and I hear this loud raspy audio from the cordless. There's too much audio coming from the Router.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015