The AM Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:42:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Gilligan's' Mary Ann BUSTED for Mary Jane  (Read 13978 times)
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« on: March 11, 2008, 06:18:39 PM »

Busted- as in arrested...
For you Mary Ann fans out there.  Grin
-----------------------------------

DRIGGS, Idaho [AP] - Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.

She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts -- driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance -- were dropped.

On Oct. 18, Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party that was held for her. According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down. When Gutierrez asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana.

The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test.

Wells' lawyer, Ron Swafford, said that a friend of Wells' testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Swafford also said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-dawn-wells-dope,0,5654490.story

* mary ann.jpg (42.5 KB, 365x425 - viewed 751 times.)
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 06:42:23 PM »

First poor Gov Spitzer, now this.

What is this world coming to.

Next you are going to tell me K1BOY was operating illegally

Carl /KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
W4EWH

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »

At her trial, Dawn Wells was reported to have said "If you had to explain to your grandchildren that you had spent all those years pretending Bob Denver was funny, You'd Smoke Too!"

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
ka3zlr
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »

Hey good for her she got away right...cop a plea...reckless driving..a coupla hundred bucks later...cool...

Looks like that face was road hard and put away Dry...not aging very well dear...
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 08:08:55 PM »

She doesn't look bad for a 70 year old women .......  klc

What? Me worry?
ka3zlr
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »

she don't look good either.. Cool Grin
AF9J
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »

Hmmm,

I guess Bob Denver was telling the truth a few years back, when he got busted for having weed, and claimed Dawn Wells was the one who supplied it to him.  At the time, a lot of people thought he was lying.

Ellen - AF9J
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »

Marihoochie preserves the body as you can see in her pic. "They" ought to legalize the stuff. It has a lot of medicinal purposes for folks with HIV and Chemo.
AX DERB, he's getting some good drugs too..................hi
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 11:53:14 PM »

she don't look good either.. Cool Grin

Is that better? I know what I would have been doin' on that island. (and it has nothing to do with coconuts. Tongue )

* dawn+wells(2).JPG (37.97 KB, 177x320 - viewed 720 times.)

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 12:57:15 AM »

Enough real crises in this country that need to be addressed, and they waste taxpayer money on crap like this!

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
ka3zlr
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 04:49:01 AM »

Yea.. pretty soon anyone with children will have to decide which holds precedence..A McDonalds happy meal or a gallon of gas.. Cool imagine that...
WA1GFZ

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 09:04:19 AM »

Hey all you need to do is drink tap water and get all kinds of good drugs....till your probe falls off
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 09:36:08 AM »

No one ever looks their best in a police booking photo.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 01:07:06 PM »

No one ever looks their best in a police booking photo.

Ur right, Bill. BUT... she sure looks happy !! Grin
John K5PRO

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »

I'm happy that Mary Jane, 'er Ann, is still alive and smiling. So many of the TV stars of those days aged much worse than she, with depression, alcoholism, etc. Something to do with stardom. Now take us hams for example, we are one happy bunch, but we haven't aged well. Something about having donuts and sitting in front of a radio too long?

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 05:11:41 PM »

Now take us hams for example, we are one happy bunch, but we haven't aged well. Something about having donuts and sitting in front of a radio too long?

Mary Ann was playboy playmate before hitting the airwaves if I'm not mistaken.  Imagine the stereotypical ham being a playmate? I shudder thought, old or young.  Egad.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
W4EWH

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »

Imagine the stereotypical ham being a playmate? I shudder [at the] thought, old or young.  Egad.

I guess that would depend on which way that ham's monkey swings ...

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).

73, Bill

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »

She looks like Alfred E Neuman and "What Me Worry"?

Check out this Link
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JitcEwr_N1k&feature=related

Fred KC4MOP
ka3zlr
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 07:31:32 PM »

Now take us hams for example, we are one happy bunch, but we haven't aged well. Something about having donuts and sitting in front of a radio too long?

Mary Ann was playboy playmate before hitting the airwaves if I'm not mistaken.  Imagine the stereotypical ham being a playmate? I shudder thought, old or young.  Egad.

Grin not at my age Bob, I scare myself in the morning... Cool
W3LSN

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »

Google indicates that Tina Louise (Ginger) appeared in Playboy.  I presume it wasn't to showcase her literary talents.  Grin

73, Jim
WA2AJM/3
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 04:05:55 AM »

wells was a Miss Teen USA before getting on the show. She's now 69 years old for god's sake. nobody on this board is gonna look that good if they make it to 69.  Roll Eyes

Ginger (Tina Louise) looks like this now, only worse. That pic is about 10 years old.

ka3zlr
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 05:56:48 AM »

Well, Smoking being what it is, it does have very obvious effects.

There's looking Good, and there's looking healthy..irregardless of age.
KA1ZGC
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 11:59:58 AM »

She's now 69 years old for god's sake. nobody on this board is gonna look that good if they make it to 69.  Roll Eyes

Yoda said it best:

"When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015