The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:15:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Europe on 3705  (Read 28626 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »

Nice!
pe1mph

pe1mph AM from Holland

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 02:44:18 AM »

Jan sent along some pics of his shack.
The transmitter is a Bc-610-e  the antenna is inverted V  Max high 12 Mtr  with open line and a TAC tuner

Nice! I have been in his studio last Summer....
All big transmitters.... and Jan talking and talking about it!

This Sat. morning 12 Jan. again WB3HUZ and W1IA on 3705!
Later on 3715, Steve around S2 and Brent S9.
I using only 140 Watts, antenna Inverted V.

Till a next time,

Henk
pe1mph Wink
WA3VJB
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 08:37:14 AM »

I have only AM transmitters 3x bc610 and 1 T368

Hi HI FB on all
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »

Good to work you again Henk. Conditions not as good as last weekend. There was QRN and signal strengths were down. Hope to hear you again.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 04:11:33 AM »

This morning - Sunday 13JA08 - 0730 GMT, 3760 kHz.  Worked Geer, ON7USB.  He was on slopbucket and I was on AM.  He was using inverted L with ground radials and K9AY loop for receiving, running kw.  He was 5-9+ on the beverage, but barely audible on the  dipole.  He said I was 5-9, and was very complimentary on the audio quality.  QSO was an actual conversation that lasted about 15 minutes, not just a DX exchange.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 07:51:24 AM »

Damn! I wanted to get on but got stymied again. They dropped about 300 gal. of HCl in at the plant and my HAZMAT team had to go raise the pH prior to sending it to waste treatment. It started at about 3PM and I didn't get home until ~11PM. A few hours in a Level A suit has a habit of wearing a person down real bad Cry

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
pe1mph

pe1mph AM from Holland

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »

This morning Sunday:

First 80 mtrs sounds dead!!!!!
Then I received this stations on 3705
G4BXM (good)
F6AQK (good)
PA1TP (weak)
PA4AR (very weak)

I listend around 3720 and 3880 but NO USA AM this morning.

Greetings,

Henk
PE1MPH Wink
W1IA

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008, 10:12:37 PM »

Jan sent along some pics of his shack.
The transmitter is a Bc-610-e  the antenna is inverted V  Max high 12 Mtr  with open line and a TAC tuner

Nice! I have been in his studio last Summer....
All big transmitters.... and Jan talking and talking about it!

This Sat. morning 12 Jan. again WB3HUZ and W1IA on 3705!
Later on 3715, Steve around S2 and Brent S9.
I using only 140 Watts, antenna Inverted V.

Till a next time,

Henk
pe1mph Wink

Was great to work you Henk...next time I will make a recording. You were about S9 to 10 over. Looking forward to many more.

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 08:36:57 PM »

Henk says that there is another AM station on the island of Malta who wants to give it a try this Saturday.

Good evening Henk,  few days ago,I have return home after long time working on 190m ship.  I have fixed my transmitter now ( GRC-19 ) and almost finish the doublet antenna 130 foot with 450 ohms open wire feeder ( same as JEAN antenna).  The next step is to hang the doublet antenna with the poles.  Hopefully by the next two days.  I read some of your mails. one of them that there was good propagation to USA two weeks ago.

I  be active next weekend on 3705 kHz. with a new antenna.

9H1ES     

FORTUNATO BONNICI
LA FORTUNA, TRIQ IL-HAGAR
MOSTA, MST 05
MALTA

These are the good old days of AM
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »

Henk says that there is another AM station on the island of Malta who wants to give it a try this Saturday...

9H1ES

If low noise condx prevail on this side of the pond, we need to have AM activity well established on 3705 by 0400 GMT, in advance of possible openings to Europe. 

A dead-air group has squatted on 3705. 

Several times recently I have had the receiver tuned to the frequency late at night for a half-hour or more listening for activity while working on something in the shack, and heard no activity whatever.  Then, as soon as I called CQ or made a test transmission, 4 or 5 slopbuckets came out of the woodwork from nowhere and claimed they had been "using" the frequency "all evening", pissing and moaning that I was deliberately interfering with them.

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »

Yep, some 8-Landers with the occasional 4 Lander. Listened in over the weekend and heard them making reference to the AMers as maggots, same term used up above, references to the window, K4KYV, declaring war for AMers interfering with frequencies people have been using 'forever' and so on. Seems like they have a beef over recent activity up above and read this board, so expect more of the same. It's pretty clear they came down there looking to make problems, so we might want to consider sharing specific plans and frequencies through private email, and utilizing some of the alternatives Henk has suggested.

Not a terribly bright bunch, so it shouldn't surprise anyone. It might also serve as a reminder that if you kick a beehive long enough, you'll get results. Two way street though, and all that.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »

Don't worry. Riley has been notified and recordings have been made.
pe1mph

pe1mph AM from Holland

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 07:20:15 AM »

I have fixed my transmitter now ( GRC-19 ) and almost finish the doublet antenna 130 foot with 450 ohms open wire feeder ( same as JEAN antenna).  The next step is to hang the doublet antenna with the poles.  Hopefully by the next two days.  I read some of your mails. one of them that there was good propagation to USA two weeks ago.

9H1ES     

Yes he were on air this morning, but poor/fair conditions.
On freq.: F6AQK, 9H1ES, F6DIZ, GW8TBG and me
Evenso I heard NO USA AM-station this morning....

Greetings,

Henk
Pe1mph Wink
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »

I heard a weak AM signal on 3705 this morning about 0700 GMT, but too weak to ID.  The carrier was pushing my s-meter to S7 or S8, but the modulation was into the background noise.  Also, substantial crashes of QRN, but silent in between.

- - -
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2008, 11:51:50 AM »

I could hear some of you guys Henk but very weak. Much QRN too, so I didn't call.

Next time.

I have fixed my transmitter now ( GRC-19 ) and almost finish the doublet antenna 130 foot with 450 ohms open wire feeder ( same as JEAN antenna).  The next step is to hang the doublet antenna with the poles.  Hopefully by the next two days.  I read some of your mails. one of them that there was good propagation to USA two weeks ago.

9H1ES     

Yes he were on air this morning, but poor/fair conditions.
On freq.: F6AQK, 9H1ES, F6DIZ, GW8TBG and me
Evenso I heard NO USA AM-station this morning....

Greetings,

Henk
Pe1mph Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015