The AM Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:25:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have an Idea i'd like to discuss with the group.  (Read 2050 times)
ka3zlr
« on: December 14, 2007, 06:03:41 AM »

Good Morning,

After reading the thread about Timmy and the fallout from that it has put a thought in my mind about what and why, and what could be a possible solution in some respects.

Idea:

To put a Preamble together on the Forum here for all to read after discussing it with my wife she says" Tell them a vision statement honey" to describe the past and future of AM, the Why's , the operational characteristics of, a statement of understanding..

End.

Reason i'm getting the feeling that there are so many out there who have no real understanding of what this is all about...it would give credence to arguments on the air to relate to, and quite simply there's no discussion of AM in todays manuals...

just and idea of mine any thoughts gentlemen..?

jack KA3ZLR.

W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »

Not that this has anything to do with Tim,

Do you mean like what we have in the ABOUT AMfone area?

The link is available in the left hand column.

It has Brian's original concept for this site.

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
ka3zlr
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 06:21:02 PM »

Well that's fine Gary,

The forum has changed and I actually never looked at that, and it is fine to continue Brian's concept for the forum, but the idea is the group as a whole, that covers alot of territory and there is alot of history behind what is here today....the idea is all encompassing..

I listened to what was said "about TIMMY" and i think ya know there's a lot of people that just don't understand what AM entails and the multitude that follows the craft. it's much more than that.

There are and were many hands that worked hours and hours to produce what is happening today on the air and here i just thought a vision statement on that thought would help educate some ..that just don't understand...

it just a thought...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015