The AM Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:43:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brent's the man out West!  (Read 8972 times)
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« on: December 13, 2007, 01:27:54 AM »

I dialed up the West Coast AMI net this evening.   And who was the first person I heard on the West (again WEST) Coast AMI?   Brent,  W1IA.   Beautiful signal.   The net control, George, WA6HCX, was bringing Brent in often so he could let us left coasters know how he was hearing us.   

It was also a phased array to phased array contact because both Brent & I were running phased dipoles. 

Brent.  You the man

W1IA

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 02:25:01 AM »

I dialed up the West Coast AMI net this evening.   And who was the first person I heard on the West (again WEST) Coast AMI?   Brent,  W1IA.   Beautiful signal.   The net control, George, WA6HCX, was bringing Brent in often so he could let us left coasters know how he was hearing us.   

It was also a phased array to phased array contact because both Brent & I were running phased dipoles. 

Brent.  You the man

What a Blast Jon...I think our first QSO. The signals were averaging 10 over till the time I signed out about 1:30 EST. When I first called in I had the beam pointed east.

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
ve6pg

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »

...sorry to hear this...now all North America is subjected to Tina....sk...

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 12:06:45 PM »

And Europe too, since we bridged that gap with several QSOs this winter and last. God help us!
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 12:11:11 PM »

Brent, by far, has the smokingest signal from NE into the west, even whipping Timmy's butt from time to time. Armchair copy, OM.

K0ARA
Contributing

The Bull

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 12:49:57 PM »

Hey Brent
 20+ into KC last night, I thought everybody got signal report from you on the west coast. How about the break in say'n you didn't know how to build a transmitter!!!

Mike KA0ARA

Mike KØARA                99.9% AM
                 AMI  #1692
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 12:51:39 PM »

How about the break in say'n you didn't know how to build a transmitter!!!

Selective fading (hearing) Mike !
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »

According to a conversation on 3892 last night, Brent is now running neck and neck with Timtron as most popular AM'er.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
K0ARA
Contributing

The Bull

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »

Don
 Don't count yourself short I'm sure your name has been brought up.

AMI  #1692
W1IA

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 06:05:19 PM »

I joined the QSO with Tron and company..now I'm a bad boy? Oh well...I guess I will have to look out for that "Can O WhoopAss...."  Grin Wink

Still waiting for conditions to open up to EU, but so far its been west coast paths.

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 06:17:34 PM »

They say you are bad boys because you and Tim run equally "wide" signals.  Despite the technical perfection of their riceboxes and the tremendous superiority of slopbucket, they complain that you both wipe them out on 3892 when you run AM on 3885.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W1IA

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 06:29:08 PM »

They say you are bad boys because you and Tim run equally "wide" signals.  Despite the technical perfection of their riceboxes and the tremendous superiority of slopbucket, they complain that you both wipe them out on 3892 when you run AM on 3885.
Same ole story Don...Set to 6.3 kHz and spectral purity is excellent, but what do I know? I don't have a "muddy whatta slappa"
Thats it I'm selling all this stuff and gettin a G5RV a Bob Heil and Rice box and I'm joining the pasta net where I have value Lips sealed

Run What Ya Brung!
K0ARA
Contributing

The Bull

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 06:33:48 PM »

"Thats it I'm selling all this stuff and gettin a G5RV a Bob Heil and Rice box and I'm joining the pasta net where I have value "

NOooooooooooooooo Cry

AMI  #1692
ka3zlr
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »

Welp, maybe the characteristics of the operator behind the receiver is Specturally challenged...those things come with a manual...I think...
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 10:18:01 PM »

Thats it I'm selling all this stuff and gettin a G5RV a Bob Heil and Rice box and I'm joining the pasta net where I have value Lips sealed
Brent, before you sell that stuff remind me what it is.   In particular, what do you use between the Symetrix and class E?   All I use is a piece of wire.
W1IA

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 11:23:21 PM »

Brent, before you sell that stuff remind me what it is.   In particular, what do you use between the Symetrix and class E?   All I use is a piece of wire.
I have a Bheringer DSP 9024..nice piece of gear if you can navigate the nested menus.

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
W1IA

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 02:41:56 AM »

Bandmaster Brent holding court in the Ghetto again tonight. The 3892 gang ain't gonna like this. It's whoop A for Brent now!

Mack

You wanna join the AM Crips Mack? Gonna get down in the hood. Cool

B

Run What Ya Brung!
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »

B

Planning to be on with the Class B/C this evening.
-Blues Boy Bill

Cool

* lightning.gif (19.51 KB, 40x45 - viewed 332 times.)
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 09:06:56 AM »

The BIL studio will be OTA tonite also.
Getting cold again here in Ohio so looks like a gooder weekend for radio.
VE7 Kilohertz

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 11:03:51 AM »

Listen for a signal from slightly left of Vernon as well.

I'll be on 3870 around 4 local then scan up the band later in the eve.  Going to do some audio mods today to the Omnia 3AM maybe get a little punchier audio.

Sigs were excellent last night. W1IA was S-9 to 10 over for a while.

cheers

Paul

Women. Ya can't live with them......pass the beer nuts!
W1IA

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 05:05:12 PM »

Bandmaster Brent holding court in the Ghetto again tonight. The 3892 gang ain't gonna like this. It's whoop A for Brent now!

Mack

B

Nawsur massa Brent, dat bad man KC8NBG mights be gets a can of dat whoop A hes got fo yous and massa Tim aftu lil ol me. I's be skeered uh dems bad mans liken KC8NBG.

All BS aside now. I did a little checking on your signal and can confidently say the 3892 SSB guys have no legitimate complaint about your operation. I couldn't detect anything that would explain the complaints from them, except their total lack of operating skills and good manners.

The antennas are really working for you, ain't it great when a plan comes together!

Mack   

Thanks Mack...I keep a eye on the equipment and occasionally check it on a spectrum analyzer. Big ants, Big Hill, & 375 watts. Reminds me of when VJB complained that these E-rigs have no filters HA! Wink

B

Run What Ya Brung!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015