The AM Forum
May 16, 2024, 09:33:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KA8WTK/AE and Other Fun Below 3800  (Read 2200 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: December 07, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »

I thought Brent might post since he was Bill's first contact. KA8WTK has taken the plunge, made the grade, and come down to join the fun below 3800. The band was going long of course, so I wasn't hearing Brent as well as usual when Bill called him and announced the news that he had upgraded to Extra, and that Brent was his first contact. Congrats Bill!

Bill was coming into VT 30-40 db over S9 on the guessmeter at times with his 32V-2/75A-2 combo. Sounded like he was enjoying himself, too. The band snapped back a bit and Brent was louder, then Donovan VE1BDC came in from New Brunswick for a bit until the band started to *twitch* again and he faded away. It was time for dinner anyhow.  Roll Eyes

Around 9:15 or the audio of K9ACT was heard calling with a very long and very consistent CQ. Turns out he was using his new [almost]automated CQ system to stir up some activity. Enjoyed a good contact with him for the better part of an hour, then threw the switch on the transmitter and listened out.

Tim VE6PG: I did hear you jump in at the end but had already signed out and shut down the transmitter. Conditions were a bit sketchy, hopefully it will settle down more in the near future. Sorry for the bad timing on my part.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 11:24:35 AM »

Congrat to my neighbor !!! KA8WTK (West Tallmadge Kid)

And Todd......... what am I ..... chopped liver Huh  Wink Wink Grin
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »

Sorry Buddly! I knew someone else was in there but couldn't remember who. I did get back on later looking for you on the Viking BUD, to no avail. Ended up harassing Jack for a while.

The weekend is here, let's make some noise starting tonight. Fingers crossed that band conditions are more consistent (towards the 'good' side) and that pesky local line noise goes away. With the band going out so early Bud, we should be able to carry on fine by 7 or so? I bet Bill will be in there trying out his expanded frequency range.  Wink

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 11:37:21 AM »

Cool beans Todd. I got the audio cable finished then had to help my daughter with some homework. Later got online with the guyz in China (they're 13 hours ahead and to give support in real time requires some night work from home) at the same time I was talkin' with some guyz on Skype.

See ya tonite !! Viking Bud is ready to roar !!
W1IA

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 01:58:22 PM »

Sorry Tod was in a fog! What did you say? He said your were 5 and 9...What? I smell like a Swine?

Anyway congrats to Bill with the trailing AE after his call. I call it an  early nite for a change. Look slike I missed out on some fun though.

Run What Ya Brung!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015