The AM Forum
June 02, 2024, 07:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow! Big Roundtable on 3885 This Morning  (Read 2779 times)
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« on: November 19, 2007, 11:34:02 AM »

Well, lets see....I believe I counted sixteen or seventeen stations on this morning.  Ranging from New England to Texas....with great- sounding AM signals.  Of course, the usual pile-driving loud signals from Robert, W0VMC and Dave, W9AD were really pounding into Ft Wayne this morning.  Unfortunately, we continue to be annoyed by the slop bucket buzzard net on 3888, as well as the receiverless Scientific SetBack nimrods on 3884, who refuse to believe that "their frequency" could possibly be busy with other traffic.   It would be great to have the same level of AM activity lower in the band, but everyone still gathers in the "ghetto".  It is the only place that you can really count on everyone listening, in spite of the QRM challenges.  Anyway, it was really neat to hear so many great sounding signals overpowering the quackage in spite of their rude efforts to ignore our presence.

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »

Was that group on 3888 W4VAN and company?  THat old buzzard is really starting to piss me off.   Doesn't matter Who is on what freuency, he fires up on 3888 every damn morning.  Worse nobody in his little group ever says a THING different from any other day  Angry

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WA3VJB
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:45:19 PM »

John I think it's a recording. He's not really in there.
Why, just yesterday I heard a recording of W3EGC.
He was saying the same thing too.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »

If it's not, it might as well be  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »

W4VAN is one of them, but the one I hear frequently is WB8SYW.  He pretends not to hear stations who tell him the frequency is in use, or that he is QRMing a QSO down in frequency.  Also prominent in his "lidness" is WB9NCE on 3884.  Of course they are running a narrow bandwidth mode that only splatters 20 KHz!  They consistently QRM the 3885 net on Saturday mornings, as well.  They will not listen to any complaints and continue their operation in spite of numerous attempts requesting them to QSY.  They must be crystal controlled Grin Roll Eyes  OH well...sure, we can move too, but the problem is the same old tune....everyone hangs out around 3880-3885 and that is where you know you can find activity.  HOWEVER, If we conducted ourselves with as little regard for what is going on around us as they do.....we would never hear the end of complaints.  This is what is called the "diode effect".  Is is OK for them to QRM us....but certainly not the other way around.  This is an old rant, just need to chill.   Tongue

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015