The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:08:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HT-37..you have one??  (Read 6069 times)
W2NBC
Contributing

« on: September 22, 2007, 01:04:52 PM »

Ok..

Here's the scenario:  Sitting somewhere on a shelf, or in the basement is your Hallicrafters HT-37 from an obscure hamfest or a garage sale that you just had to have.. It might be paired up with your trusty SX-101 that you turn on once in a while but basically don't use..(sure looks hammy eh?)..

So I had a few days off from work and HAD to find a project.. And there, in the corner of my upstairs shack was the HT-37 that I NEVER use..

I found very little on the net, a few suggestions on this forum.. so it was time to pop open a few 807's and study the skizmatic..
Phasing generation is interesting and complex but has an elegance that brute force filtering lacks.. I think that a tutorial on both methods would lead to narcoleptic issues so here's a link to the mods (quick and easy) that make the HT-37 sweep out from 45Hz to 12K..

http://www.dealamerica.com/ht-37/ht-37audio-mods.htm

regards and have fun!

Jeff  W2NBC

Vintage Radio Pages- http://www.dealamerica.com
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:09:13 AM »

Jeff,
       I have an HT-32 and an HX-50 both sitting on the shelf awaiting some tinkering. Although they are "filter" type transmitters, after looking at the skizmatics, both of these rigs bypass the filter in the AM mode. If I get a little time this winter, I plan on doing hi-fi mods for both of these. I'll let everyone know how they turn out.

the Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
ve6pg

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 09:46:12 PM »

...saw one today at london,ontario hamfest...did'nt even think about it...sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 09:42:13 AM »

just never thought

LOL! Yup.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:35:21 PM »

HT-37 on Epay
k7yoo

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 11:49:47 PM »

I use my HT-37 with an old Yaesu amp & a 75A4. It is the most versatile AM & SSB rig I have. It is on the air every few days and seems to get better the more I use it. I keep a scope on it and the AM looks as good as any of the high level rigs. It is very easy to zero beat and isn't too bad on stability after a 20 minute warmup. It is the first rig I turn on when I am tinkering and hear someone on the air and just have to get into the QSO. It set me back $90--cheap date.
Skip
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015