The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:37:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sturgis Hamfest/Party  (Read 5427 times)
K9ACT
« on: August 11, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »

Gary, KI8BQ had a hamfest and summer party several weekends ago and although I missed it, everyone seems to have had a great time.

Jeff W9GT posted a bunch of great photos at:

http://home.insightbb.com/~jeffw9gy/Sturgis/Sturgis%20Jul%2007/index2.html

but there were no names or calls and I volunteered to supply them if I could.  Not knowing anyone, it was not a simple task but I got most and posted the composite with call signs to:

http://schmidling.com/who4.jpg

If anyone can fill in the missing calls, please let me know and I will update it.

And don't forget the Noon Time Forum  M-F 3875 at Noon of course.

Jack K9ACT

WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 10:49:45 AM »

Great bunch of shots, Jack.

I wish there were a way to post them in this page's "GALLERY" section, if you would please consider taking that on as part of IDs for those shown.

Come Fall/Winter hope to hear you guys on 75m again.
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »

Nice photos!!

All Jack has to do is put them in the Gallery. All users have a gallery set up for them.

G

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
K9ACT
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »

The photographer was actually W9GY not GT as previously stated.  GT is in some of the photos but of course the photographer is not.

As far as putting them in the gallery goes, that would be Jeff's option as they are his.  I will put the composite up as hams always want to know what other hams look like.

js

K9ACT
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 03:27:48 PM »

As far as putting them in the gallery goes, that would be Jeff's option as they are his.  I will put the composite up as hams always want to know what other hams look like.

I don't usually respond to my own messages but I just went to the gallery and there is not a clue as to how to upload a picture file.

js
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:40:56 PM »

I don't usually respond to my own messages but I just went to the gallery and there is not a clue as to how to upload a picture file.

js

Go here, for info on the gallery:
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=10963.0

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 08:33:17 AM »

The photographer was actually W9GY not GT as previously stated.  GT is in some of the photos but of course the photographer is not.

js

Yes!!! I was not the photographer for these shots.  Credit goes to Jeff, W9GY.  I do have some pictures of my own and I will try to get them posted soon.  Great gathering!  Thanks so much to Gary KI8BQ and Vickie for another great AM get together!  I think the attendance was about 45 AMers. 

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »

Guys, where is Sturgis?  There is a big party for bikers in Sturgis, SD which I wouldn't think would appeal to hams, but now that I think about it with all the T & A at the biker rally, it might. 

So is this particular Sturgis in SD, OK or somewhere else.  There is a Sturgis, OK.
k7yoo

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 01:15:13 PM »

Sturgis Michigan is east of South Bend/Elkhart Indiana. Just north of I-80.
Skip
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 02:05:34 PM »

Looks like typical hamfest attendees.
On the sidewalk demo using remote keypad to activate new Steppur "Dixie Cup" vertical antenna.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 02:18:09 PM »

Wow!! One would have certainly taken a wrong turn if they ended up in Sturgis, SD!! 
STURGIS, MICHIGAN !!  It could be argued that some of the scenery might be more interesting at the SD location, however, I didn't see any Hogs, Choppers or other related sights or activities.  We did have, however,  a great old buzzard/AMers gathering  at Gary, KI8BQ's place and enjoyed it very much , as we do in July every year.

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 03:28:17 PM »

http://www.sturgismotorcyclerally.com/photos/index.html

Take a peak.  I only wonder what a hamfest with this many people in a small town would be like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015