The AM Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:33:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM totally missing from RAC Bandplan  (Read 15002 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 11:06:33 AM »

Paul had a good idea about splitting the topic. The discussion about modes has been moved to the new topic of:

AM Mode: Mainstream or Specialty

We now return to your regularly-scheduled bandplan discussion, already in progress...

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 02:45:49 PM »

..interesting....i do believe people think a band plan is an actual interpretation of the laws. i've herd so many canadians referring to something called "the cw portion"...

I often wondered why, before the US band expansion, there was no Canadian phone activity on 3600-3700, which most of the time was absolutely devoid of amateur activity.  I would hear VE's between 3700 and the DX window, but there was less QRM and CW activity below 3700.  At the time there was still some CW activity at night in the US novice band.  During winter nights, stations in the maritimes should be able to QSO with Europeans about as easily as with stations in adjacent provinces or states.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
ve6pg

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »

..good point don, and this only states what i have been saying. there are/were ve stations on ssb below 3700. they knew the law, and not rac's view of it. but most canadian hams get their info either from rac, or more likely the arrl. the arrl books are all over the place, in stores, hamfests, etc. and most canadian hams know the only difference in their tickets and a american one is, that we could go down to 3725...as well, i've heard canadian hams giving their ID every 10 mins, as the american hams have to, but here there is no such requirement. if nothing else, it is mis-information, on their part, and in my opinion, rac is'nt helping, by putting forth THEIR agenda forward, having it look official . there should be a statement that says " this is our hope for canadian hams, but understand that these ideas are not law. please refer to the RIC documents for further clarification"....tim....sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015