The AM Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:01:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The luckiest man on earth,...........  (Read 4171 times)
kf2vm
« on: March 31, 2007, 12:05:55 AM »

I know, how lucky I am to be part of the 75 meter A.M. family, and to have friends like Tom N2SQO, Tim WA1HLR, IRB W2VJZ, Nick, KG2IR,... ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION! Today however, I was the recipient of generosity, that far exceeds the fraternal helpfulness we are so blessed with here in the "window". Those of you who know me, saw how hard I struggled with my addictions, and stood by me, even when I did/said things that offended people. I am still trying to "make amends" for all the stupid moves, both business and social. Today, BILL RUSSEL, KC2IFR, made my year, by GIVING me the twin 4-1000a linear amplifier he bought from me, back in 2004. GIVING me back my Alinco DX-70. GIVING me a brand new set of 811a's for my DX-100. Bill, you don't know how happy you've made me. I've always regretted selling that equipment. The Amp, and the Alinco, were responsible for my first taste of "true" D.X.ing. Bill, you have always been very generous. At least towards me. But what you have done, is given me that "plan" to look forward to again. All the way home, I was fantsizing about the sound of all the 100 watt/G5RV stations in Europe replying to my C.Q.,.....at 3pm local,.....on 40 c.w.,........calling at once. Some of you know that sound. At first you hear it as a 2 S unit increase in "noise", but it is 150 stations all calling at once. Or that feeling when Tino, SV3RD says " YOU SOUND LIKE THE BLOODY B.B.C.!" But, I digress.  Bill, I just want to say thank you for giving me my Joy back. I'd completely forgotten how much I love this hobby. You have given me a a another soft place to sit, when the road gets too rocky. You, Karl Tygert. Jim Parise, and some others, have been waiting a long time to fulfill my obligations. Too long. Some I've started on, some I've hid from. But Bill, you know how hard I've been working, and thanks to your help, I am getting back everything I threw awy, and took for granted.  YOU'VE BEEN A TRUE FRIEND BILL, EVEN WHEN I DIDN'T DESERVE ONE, THANK YOU.
pe1mph

pe1mph AM from Holland

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 12:42:04 AM »

Hello,

Were you just on 3885???
I heard there many stations!
But as usual not mention there calls/names often Cry

We (F6AQK, PA1SBV and I) are now qrv on 3705.

Greetings,

Henk, PE1MPH
kf2vm
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:22:14 AM »

Hi Henk, how are you? No not me this time. Welcome to the A.M. Window, and to the Forum. I won't be back on A.M. for a day or two. All uf us here would welcome your reports, and to start up some SKEDS!!! Is there any frequency that has activity on A.M. in Europe? I forget what frequencies are available to you for phone activity.         I have always been hesitant about using A.M. in the D.X. window. What would be a good frequency on 75 meters to work all of you on A.M. Also, how about operating split frequency A.M on 40 meters? My personal E-mail is jlabadia@nycap.rr.com here at home.Or at work, jamie@947hits.com   We would love to start a regular "round table" style get together with all of you, to learn what A.M. operation tecniques, radio mods, etc., you might have in Europe.  73  JAMIE
n3lrx
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:23:15 AM »

Good to hear you've got a box Jamie!

We've all got our battles with inner demons and it's those times when we find out who our true friends really are!

I'm building a rig now, but I look forward to hearing you on again.
Will this mean you'll bring back the hilarious P&M Net again??

73' Randy
kf2vm
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »

I'd love to see the P&M net back, but I am not the one who created it, I just Guest Hosted it from time to time. The Creator, Messiah of 75, and all around "Good Doobie", is Tim Smith. WA1HLR.  Those sunday nights provided a great "stress relief valve" for us all. So yes, when I get settled down, and with TimTrons permission, I'd love to be guest host every now and then.    JAMIE
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 06:47:50 AM »

Glad to hear you are getting back on jamie. I'll be back on in a few weeks thank to Buddly, Frank O tron, and JN. I have a few years of pent-up urge to swing a munky and a I'm gonna do it right.
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 06:02:59 PM »

Jamie M'boy....................

Welcome back from the outer limits.  I'm glad you're back.  We often wondered what happened to the "Vomit Man".

I trust you will join us as we return to the magnificent Deerfield NH Fairgrounds on May 4th 2007 for the New England Amateur Radio Festival!  It would be just great to see ya!  All your friends will be there.

www.near-fest.com

MrMike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015