The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:28:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post Tommonium Pharty Recap  (Read 6050 times)
The Slab Bacon

« on: April 01, 2007, 02:29:24 PM »

The 6th anual "Slab Bacon's Post Timmonium Pharty" Was a great success one more time. Everyone had a great time as well as I did. The WX was fabulous, the food was good and everyone had a great time! I am now piss beat, spent and trying to recap all of the thoughts and memories of yesterday. All of the guests deserve as much credit as me, as the guests are as big of a part of a party as the hosts.

Here is the guest list (as good as I can remember)  please pardon me If I missed you, as things are still a bit fuzzy.

W1AC, W1GHW, W1IA, WA1SSJ, K2DK, K2PG, K2ORC, KA2TRU (and friend), N2YR (and family), W2DTC, W2XR, WB2SYQ, AB3AL, K3JRR, KB3AHE (ME), KB3CYX, KB3JKG (and Kelly), KB3OMT, KB3OPM, KD3CN, N3DRB (and Gloria), N3HIA (and Margo), N3IBX, N3LRX, W3DTN, W3GL, W3JN, W3RSW, W3SLK (and son), WA3JYU, WA3VJB, WB3HUZ, WB3LGG (and son KA3??) and last but surely not least KA8WTK. Also there was Tom and Jackie Brown (one of my oldest and dearest friends and his wife, and Mr and Mrs Lawrence Kridenoff (my inlaws who kelped make it happen). 

It was especially GREAT to see N3DRB (aka the BJB) and his wife Gloria here!! It was fabulous to see Timmy back on his feet and here again!! The BJB rides again!!!!!!!!!

A special thanks to Frank (KB3CYX) for all of his help all this week helping me with a lot of the mundane work that was necessary to make this thing happen.

Another special thanks to Ken (W2DTC) for being the official event photographer and documenting this whole thing for those who could not make it.

And last but not least, thanks to all of my wonderful guests that always make the party a success!!

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 06:13:34 PM »

An excellent gathering as usual. Frank and Carol put on an incredible edible spread! Bravo. Lots of fun, food and the sun shone too. Got to meet Karl-KD3CN, Ralph-W3LG, Bill-AB3AL for the first time, Saw Randy-N3YRX for the first time in years, and had fun talking with many others from across the northeast and as far west as Ohio! And it was good to see The Derb gettin' on down too. I had a wonderful time.

There was a nice group of AMers that gather for a photo at the fest too.

* timonium07group.jpg (123.69 KB, 1000x369 - viewed 416 times.)
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 06:40:56 PM »

Steve said:
Lots of fun, food and the sun shone too.

You got that right, Steve. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I looked like a damn raccoon! Grin

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 07:00:13 PM »

Yea. But it was fun!
W1IA

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 07:46:13 PM »

Just rolled in a half hour ago...Thanks for a great time Frank & Carol....p.s. I hope your feeling better Carol.
Was fun to watch the old one lung motors running on the lawn Frank. What a treat!

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 07:50:49 PM »

Good weather, good conversation, GREAT FOOD! Frank, you sure know how to make folks feel wecome!
My thanks to you and Carol for a great time.

Bill KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
WA3VJB
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 07:53:27 PM »

Just put together a short video montage from the festivities at Frank's.

I got there late, and some of you guys left "early," but it was great spending a bit of time with you.

MP4, should stream, runs about 9MB.

Will try to figure out how to get this archived in the "AM Vault."

Derb shot more video from earlier in the day, including the engine demonstration. Tim if you need any help editing that into something let me know ?

http://wa3vjb.amham.com/pics/_AHE's.mp4

n3lrx
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 09:39:23 PM »

It was a real blast! Thanks Frank & Carol for everything.

It was allot of fun to meet some new faces as well as get reacquainted with old friends. I've been off the air and out of the loop way too long and really enjoyed jumping on the AHE/OMT station and chatting for a bit.
W4EWH

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 11:58:19 AM »

Frank and Carol,

Thank you for a great day!

You made me feel right at home and I had a wonderful time. I appreciate all the work you both did, and I'll look forward to the next time.

73, Bill W1AC

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 08:50:46 PM »

Outstanding !
Thanks again Frank.  Perfect Spring Day out Nottingham way.
Wonderful hostess too, Carol.
Rick - 3RSW

RICK  *W3RSW*
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »

Hi Frank:

Tim and I appreciate the invite and we had all intentions of doing Timonium and your Pfarty this year but, alas, it was not to be.  I had to attend a flea market in NH to sell NEAR-Fest tickets and passes.  We raised $1,100.00 in this effort which is much needed to pay the Fair Committee on May 4th. 

Next year......

Please join up at the Deerfield NH Fairgrounds for the NEAR-Fest May 4th and 5th  I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

MrMike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015