The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:51:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chemtrail spray clouds: Conspiracy paranoia, or serious concern?  (Read 7975 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: March 13, 2007, 03:38:44 AM »

In the recent past I had become aware of a proliferation of what appear to be jet vapour trails all over the sky, but paid little mind.  Just the other day while driving home I noticed the sky full of trails in crisscross patterns.  I have often thought that it looked like an abnormally large amount of jet traffic over this area. Where are all those planes going?  But still, I discounted it as normal air traffic and gave it little additional thought, until I came across a website reference to "chemtrail spray clouds."  A little web searching gave the mind-boggling results that follow. A Snopes search produced no reference to urban legend.

For me, this was an accidental discovery since I have never seen or heard any reference whatever in the local or national print or electronic media. Read on...

In the last few years Chemtrail sightings have become so common in some areas that there has been a public outcry for an explanation. You've most likely seen "contrails" left by high flying jets.Those thin white "scrapes" you see way up there are made by water vapor and occur between 10,000-30,000 feet. They last from 4 seconds to a minute and dissolve away in the direction they're made. As a kid it was fun to see one and watch the "skyscrapers" . There is current discussion that these regular contrails might be contributing to excess cloud covers and even weather-control as an inadvertent symptom of increased plane traffic - by this it is meant the 'regular air traffic' contrails made by the water vapor of high flying jets.

This isn't what we're talking about here...

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Chemtrails/Chemtrails.html

Chemtrails 101 - what they are and what's behind them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_theory

Look at all these links

So is this something in the category of Elvis sightings, contact with space aliens and tinfoil hats, or could it be some kind of legitimate weather modification research?  If the latter, why hasn't the public been notified?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:22:55 AM »

I heard about the chemtrail stuff many years ago. It's nothing new. I'm sure your could cross reference ATC records with the trails observed to determine if they are just jets or something else.
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 12:33:45 PM »

Well something's got to explain why hams all went SSB back around the 50s and 60s, and then 2-meter FM in the 70s, and then got stupid.  I remember those trails from when I was a kid waayy back then.

A spectrographic analysis could reveal if there is something funny going on.  Quite possibly, various fuel additives and engine tuning could make variations in the trails.  But it really does seem as though there is some kind of Elixir of Stupid in the air or water or something - people can't seem to think, and don't seem to remember anything these days.  Now what was I talking about...

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »

Good one Bacon !!

And.... didn't I read somewhere that jet engines in the 30,000ft altitudes actually create ozone ??

Problem solved !!!
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:49:52 PM »

There are a number of things in this so-called report that make no sense, like the time contrails take to dissipate. It all depends on altitude, temps, humidity, winds, and a number of other factors.

The residue left behind from something so far up in the air? Yep, it's on my windshield most mornings. It resembles dust from the street in front of the house. Somehow I think that shooting chemicals so high up in the atmosphere would allow too much dissipation for anything but uncertain and very diluted results. Crop dusters fly low for a reason. Even the application of Agent Orange in Vietnam was comparatively low and slow.

People were getting sick long before the jet age, probably more of them were dying too.

From Wikipedia:

Among the theories proposed for the purpose of the alleged "chemtrails" are: atmospheric and weather modification, biological warfare, mind control or occult purposes. They are also theorized to be part of a system to counter the effects of global warming, to create a cheap wireless communications network for the military, or to create a more sophisticated radar system ...(for both defensive and scientific application).

My favorite is "to create a cheap wireless communications network for the military". More reliable than...? Occult is right up there, too. Or maybe it really is mind control, and they're making people come up with stupid crap like this?

Of MUCH more concern should be the latter:

"Airplanes occasionally jettison fuel during flight, and sometimes even jettison toilet waste. There has been little outcry about these occurrences, however."

Frozen turdbombs have been known to penetrate roofs and cause other damage. That's a fact. Catch one of those upside the noggin and you'll know it.

Besides, Irb never mentioned it, so it can't be a big deal. He did talk about the black helicopters from time to time.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »

Wonder how the "experts" would explain the existance of the same contrails made by the B-17s, B-24s and B-29s during WW 2?  I don't think they are anything new.  Just the grand imagination of a few who won't understand.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 02:04:21 PM »

A jet engine at 30000 feet makes the same output as one at sea level.
Ram it in burn jet fuel blow it out. It just has to go faster to suck in enough air to make qro. Unless someone has replaced turbine blades with oak leaves
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »

jet aircraft emissions injected directly into the upper troposphere have doubled between the latitudes of 40 to 60 degrees north, increasing ozone by about 20%. In the stratosphere, where supersonic aircraft fly, NOx will deplete ozone. Both effects are harmful, so NOx reduction in gas turbine operation is a challenge for the 21st century (Schumann, 1993).
Read it all

WAIT.... did you catch that !!! More ozone is harmful and less ozone is harmful Huh??

So what's all the fuss about. Shouldn't they cancel out in effect Huh
Problem solved !!!

KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 02:58:04 PM »

AHHH   Yeessss       " Elixir of Stupid "          thats gotta be the answer.... .. klc

What? Me worry?
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 03:32:55 PM »

Take a peak at this real time aircraft tracking website http://www4.passur.com/jfk.html  especially during peak travel hours.  You'll get a rough idea at the amount of aircraft buzzing around up there.  Be sure to set it to the 80 mile range.

Here's a few more to make it interesting:
http://www4.passur.com/ord.html  Chicago
http://www4.passur.com/bos.html  Boston
http://www4.passur.com/lax.html   Los Angeles

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 03:40:08 PM »

love is like ozone you get too much you get high not enough and you fry.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 04:11:08 PM »

Joe Sixpack is a pretty suggestable person.  He goes around with his head in the sand.  We now have the heaviest air traffic in the history of mankind.  He hears about chem trails and looks up for the first time in years and then gets upset by all of the vapor trails he sees and he hasn't thought about them since he was a little boy.

I went to a "survival convention" many years ago for laughs.  No, Bill Cooper wasn't there, but would have been if he hadn't been kicked out of the previous one for bad behaviour.  There were plenty of conspiracy theory/paranoid nuts there.  One lecturer was quite visibly paranoid.

One attending guy told me "everyone is sick" referring to the chem trails.  I told him that no one I know is sick.  That stopped him in his tracks. 

The word there was that the chem trails were to modify the PH in your body so that the tracking chip in your system would work well using your body chemistry for the electrolyte of cell action that powers the tracking chip.  And many fellow Americans there believed all of this crap.  You got the tracking chip by getting the annual flu shots. 

About this time I was doing custom i.c. design and enjoyed researching the inside diameter of shot needles and comparing that to the size of even the most basic logic gate chips.  Let alone a complex chip that analyzes your behavior, has a transmitter and transmits to a far satellite, with no antenna and powered by the voltage of one abstract cell.

This satellite radio link works well without question even though (some) hams with 100 Watts and large wire antennas have trouble talking on 75 meters a few hundred miles.

HA HA.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
MICHAEL
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 07:09:39 PM »

Go here and use the search function for chemtrails: www.coasttocoastam.com/

mike
W1GFH
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »

I love to read the occult/conspiracy websites to see just how way-out they can get. Here's one my faves from http://www.psychicworld.net/EVP3.htm

1930's
Swedish & Norwegian military pick up strange, unidentified voices on their frequencies. These were thought to be stray Nazi transmissions and came to their peak in March 1934 then ceased abruptly. But after war, when archives searched, no evidence of German involvement was found.  American writer John Keel details thes incidents culled from press reports of the 1930's in his book Operation Trojan Horse written in the 1950's.

Ham radio operator Gordon Cosgrave in London apparently picks up Morse code messages between the 'Titanic' and the 'Carpathia' which would have been sent 24 years earlier in 1912 when the 'Carpathia' was racing to the rescue of the stricken 'Titanic'.

John Otto, patent engineer and radio ham together with a group of local radio amateurs in Chicago, USA detects unusual signals of unknown origin on undisclosed frequencies. Lyrical voices using what we now know as polyglot (a mixture of languages) sing and speak in rapid bursts which the group recognised were unlike anything transmitted by regular sources.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 07:40:39 PM »

" I love to read the occult/conspiracy websites "

>>1920's.
Hereward Carrington, a respected American psychical researcher notes in his book Psychic Oddities an occasion at which he was present when a 'disembodied' voice asking "Can you hear me?"came out of a microphone in a sealed room in a radio recording studio when the rest of the building was empty. This was in the presence of an un-named medium and was heard by everyone else in the room. No-one could give any explanation. <<

It was UAN .........

What? Me worry?
W1GFH
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 07:53:34 PM »

You might like this one, too. A rig built to communicate with the spirits on 29.5 Mhz FM.

http://www.worlditc.org/k_06_spiricom.htm
n3lrx
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 07:54:26 PM »

This whole chem trail controversy is a farce.

Those jet stream you see lingering around in the air are nothing more than exhaust from a jet engine. They are about 90% WATER!

Water is a natural byproduct of any combustion engine. In fact if you don't get enough of it in the exhaust your engine isn't breathing properly! How does it get there? Condensation is the fuel for one. The other is that there is water in the air. aka humidity. It's drawn in through the intake and cannot be burned. So what happens? I turns to steam or water vapor.. The stuff that clouds are made of! Considering there is tons more moisture in the air at 40,000 feet, as well is it being near freezing temperatures naturally the exhaust will condense and linger longer. and since the jet engine draws in air by the ton in order to operate and your car only pulls in 1/1000th the amount of CFM to operate it's more noticeable. Yet it's no different the the white smoke you see coming from every car on the street on a cold day. Only here on the ground it dissipates faster because the air is heavier and allot warmer!

The only ones that should be of concern if any at all is Military Aircraft. They are exempt from emissions control and you'll often notice it's not white steam coming out the exhaust but black smoke! Same fuel, with an engine exempt from emissions laws imposed on every other aircraft.  Since there is far fewer Military aircraft in the sky it's nearly pointless to even worry about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015