The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:32:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simply Amazing!  (Read 2821 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: January 18, 2007, 06:32:22 PM »

I just ordered a new porcelain pedestal sink from a company in MA.  The thing came in two boxes, one containing the pedestal, and the other, the sink.  Large enough pieces of ceramic to make it extremely fragile.

It arrived to-day, delivered by UPS.  I immediately opened the box.  Each piece was fairly well packed, using nothing more than rectangular pieces of rigid styrofoam.  No bubble wrap or peanuts to fill in void spaces.

Not even the tiniest chip, crack or ding mark!

Unbelievable.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
WA1GFZ

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »

UPS must be between pay checks and nobody could afford dope this week.
I hope my ebay radio arrives just as clean on Friday.
I still avoid UPS
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 01:43:33 PM »

You got lucky, go buy a lotto ticket. make sure you get those screws underneath solidly into wood, or you may find out how fragile it really is.  Cry

Usually, anything that's heavier than a feather, and they get a bug up they're arse and give the package a rough time.

Last time I used those ba$tards, I was sitting here waiting for the delivery, and I hear, THUMP!! at the front door, then a knock. Before I even opened the door, I knew he walked up and dropped my box, and was knocking for his signature. I made him stand there while I unpacked the whole damn thing and plugged in the item. Luckily, it did work just fine. The box was marked FRAGILE in huge red letters on all sides, and inside was a wavetek 288 sig gen. Thanks for not completely killing it you a-holes. The box itself was loaded with marks from everything but a tire track.

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 01:48:27 PM »

I NEVER had any problem with shipping using UPS.
And Don,,,,,remember that big reactor you sent? That was UPS and it was a big rain storm. The UPS guy delivered it to the back of the house in the rain so it would be out of sight in my 'hood'. Oxon Hill Md. was an interesting place.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »

I bought 4 photovoltaic solar panels last year.  I bought 1 pair one month and another pair the following month.  I took nearly 6 weeks going back and forth with the vendor getting replacements because UPS managed to break each and every one of them each time they delivered them.  I got fed up with the vendor and told them either pack them so they're indestructible, give me a refund or send them via another shipper.  They repacked them and opted for FedEx overnight and they were all replaced finally without a single chip or crack.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015