The AM Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:27:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally!! New big rig on the air  (Read 17386 times)
n8nsn

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 12:43:15 AM »

Holy Fire Bottles BatMan !

Chuck,
Even with s-9+15 static noise that beast sounded GREAT on 40 meters tonight (16 June 2014)!
I can't wait till I get to hear it on a less static enriched night.
Propogation was very good, but the static was using the props to full advntage, as well.

Like I was telling KC8ZUL (Gerry in Columbus) , "When I grow up to the big Iron I want to sound a lot like you" :-)

73 NICE work !

Never Say Never
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 10:02:51 AM »

Your fine rig needs a name, to be known forevermore as your original creation. Those that forget or try to rename it be condemned to sidewinder Hadies.

I think "Brass or Brassy" has to be in there somewhere.
The rest is left as an exercise for the student. ; )

Kind of reminds me of a house " warming", so to speak, story.
Moving back from Pa., I bought my current house in '95 from a guy who was a proud cannon owner in a community of other cannon lovers around this smallish Maple Lake.  You can imagine the Rotary and 4th of July parties.

After about a year a couple of them mentioned that I " needed" a cannon.  Another year or so went by without me seriously taking the hint when one afternoon a truck and another car full of them showed up with a cannon which I was expected to buy, "at cost"

Well it's not a huge cannon by cannon standards, but a copy of a trunnion cannon mounted on a small field carriage hand crafted by my houses' former owner. I could not refuse.

Capiche?

RICK  *W3RSW*
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »

Brass Cannon!

http://brasscannonbrewing.com

I highly recommend it.
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 07:59:23 AM »

"The foam is on the bottom when you turn it upside down."

RICK  *W3RSW*
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »

Like I was telling KC8ZUL (Gerry in Columbus) , "When I grow up to the big Iron I want to sound a lot like you" :-)

I had the pleasure of working Chuck on 40 meters while at my camp a week ago. It may have been one of his first such operations on 40 with the new rig? Sounded great on my R390A. A full body sound to say the least! Chuck never disappoints  Grin Grin Grin 

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 05:07:10 PM »

I had the pleasure of working Chuck on 40 meters while at my camp a week ago. It may have been one of his first such operations on 40 with the new rig? Sounded great on my R390A. A full body sound to say the least! Chuck never disappoints  Grin Grin Grin 

Hi Terry,

Hate to tell you this but I worked Chuck maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago on 40 with the new beast and its sounded great!  That was before any pictures were posted here on AMfone.  At that time I think he had not tried it on 20 meters so that was the next band to check it out on. 

The only issue at the time and I reported it to him was a little acoustical talk back from either the mod xmfr or the Heising choke.  He was going to look into that and come up with a solution.  While listing to it, it just had that slight ringing sound to it almost like a monitor speaker was on in the background.  It was very subtle for sure. 

Joe, GMS     

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »

Hey Joe, glad you worked him. I heard other guest operators on his transmitter last week and I didn't hear anything on his audio that was out of place. Perhaps he fixed those things you listed or my ear doesn't hear what yours does?

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
N8IE
Contributing

Bullies need love too, hug me or I'll punch you!

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »

Beautiful!  Shocked

For just $1 a month you can save a Ham from SSB.
Please give to AMfone today, I did!

Remember, Hams don't let Ham's run SSB...
Dan, N8IE
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015