The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:07:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCA BW-66F  (Read 1900 times)
W4WSZ

« on: January 10, 2016, 02:29:03 PM »

Is anyone in our group using one of these.  I am wondering if there will be enough rf input from a transmitter operating on 75 or 40 meters without some type of tuner at the input.  I plan to use the tap off from a Johnson KW Matchbox.  Thanks for your thoughts.  Bob
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 04:33:19 PM »

If it's anything akin to the General Radio 1931A (or whatever the exact number is) modulation monitor, that one takes about a watt of carrier.  Have a BW-66 down stairs, but have never even turned it on.  But then again, I do have a lot of modulation monitors kicking around the shack  Grin

But, it may be similar to the GR unit in its power requirement.  If you have a rice box around or some other variable output RF source that can be adjusted to a low output, you could possibly y test with that and get a good sense of the requirements.

Regards,  Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
W4WSZ

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 05:11:21 PM »

Thanks Steve, I know that this model was super hot up to about 2 mhz.  I used to own a KW day timer in Florida on 1090 KC.  When we signed off during the winter months we would have enough signal pickup from KAAY  (50KW) in Little Rock that we could read their modulation. Just wondered if anyone was using one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015