The AM Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:53:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEEDED...DWG OF ACC JACK ON SX101  (Read 2702 times)
ve6pg

« on: January 24, 2010, 10:35:02 AM »

..hi from tim...bama has the manual for the sx101, but it is 11mb, and i'm on dial-up...no go there...
..i'd like to get a dwg of the back panel socket of the sx101, so i can wire in my standby circuit from my t/r relay...can anyone help?..

thanks, tim..

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
WQ9E

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 11:00:47 AM »

Tim,

Relay contacts go between pins 4 and 1 on the accessory socket.  Pin 1 is ground and Pin 4 is the "high side" of the standby circuit.  Relay should be normally closed on receive and when the contact opens on transmit it will go into standby.  Leave the front panel switch set for standby operation.

Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
WQ9E

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »

Tim,

By the way on this and similar model Hallicrafters receiver it is easy to add an auxiliary standby sensitivity control by installing a high value external pot in parallel with the standby relay contacts connected to pins 1 and 4.  Generally, 1 meg should work fine.  Connect the center of the pot to one relay contact and either end to the other. 

These receivers use a 330K resistor in the sensitivity control circuitry that is shorted to ground for normal receive.  By varying this resistance, you can have the receiver go into reduced gain mode in transmit.  This is more useful for CW so that the receiver becomes your CW monitor but it could be used to monitor AM audio also.  The SX-88 had this auxiliary control built in but it is easy to add the equivalent to the later less expensive models.

Don't try this on the older receivers that use B+ switching or lift the center tap of the HV secondary for standby!!!

Rodger WQ9E
ve6pg

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 02:22:45 PM »

rodger...do you have the pictorial of the socket?...i want to wire into an old tube socket...i used to have all this data, but lost that computer, from a lightning strike..

..tim..

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
WQ9E

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »

Tim,

I don't have a drawing but the SX-101 Mk2 manual is only 500K so you could download that one.  The connections are the same across the series.

The only connections you need on the accessory plug are jumper 6 and 7 for use on standard 117 volts AC and then make the standby connections as stated earlier.

Rodger WQ9E
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015