The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:02:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeeps hidden Morse message  (Read 2324 times)
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« on: June 05, 2023, 07:25:57 AM »

Anyone own a Jeep? Have you discovered the secret message in Morse code on the foot rest?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Autos/comments/a754cj/the_footrest_on_my_friends_new_jeep_has_the/
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 10:29:44 AM »

This will torch the conspiracy theorists! Wink

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 10:36:25 AM »

Like one Reddit commenter noted - “Should have said “ Mall Parking Lot” - I won’t say what the actual message was.  Maybe there was a CW op on the design team.

Never been impressed with late model civilian Jeeps myself. Heard a lot about problems with them from people who made the mistake of buying them.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Detroit47

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 09:04:59 PM »

I work in the Jeep plant in Detroit. Funny we can't keep up with demand for Jeeps.  Apparently they aren't that bad.

Johnathan N8QPC
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 10:50:45 PM »

Are you sending with your left foot?
YES!

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 06:04:06 AM »

I work in the Jeep plant in Detroit. Funny we can't keep up with demand for Jeeps.  Apparently they aren't that bad.

Johnathan N8QPC

Sales numbers show that Jeep is doing just fine.

--Shane
WP2ASS / ex KD6VXI
W2JRO

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 10:46:30 AM »

I've had a total of 5 "Jeeps" since 1987, only one ('79 CJ7) can be considered a descendant of the WW2 Jeeps. The rest are Jeeps in name only.

Honestly, all of them have been good dependable vehicles. The only one that gave me trouble was a 2002 Grand Cherokee my son was driving and the SKREEM security device died, making the vehicle a paperweight. I can thank Daimler for that as it was their device.

I really think most of the bitching about any major make comes from people that don't do proper maintenance and/or beat the stuffing out of their vehicles.
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 11:57:03 AM »

My huge gripe was a dodge product, but not jeep.

Opened a hotshot trucking business, bought an 06 dodge dually, all options but bluetooth.  Has TIPM, whatever that is.

Turned out to be the Totally Integrated Power Module.  Cool.

Except it bypassed the need for fuses.  Has built in current limiting.

After 6 times being trigget d it would shut down and require a new module from dodge at 1200 bucks.

Sure glad I didn't have to carry fuses, while I was hauling trailers for hire.  Never knowing what was going to have an intermittent short 194 miles into a 2k mile trip.  Where one haul could demolish the module.

And then, you're a commercial vehicle operating without correct lighting.  Oh, that's a joy when you go through a scale.

279k miles on my 96 ZJ Trail Rated now.  It's been from Alaska to the bottom of Chile (previous owner) and now rolling through the Caribbean!

--Shane
WP2ASS / ex KD6VXI

Oh, that TIPM was used for one year. They dropped it on the next revision.
N1BCG

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 09:40:20 AM »

This was the coolest thing to see this week and got me to run out and check my 2004 Grand Cherokee...

Nothing.

I guess it's a "Newer Jeep Thing".

GAH!
RolandSWL
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 01:57:23 PM »

-... . / ... ..- .-. . / - --- / -.. .-. .. -. -.- / --- ...- .- .-.. - .. -. .

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2023, 12:10:38 PM »

"  -... . / ... ..- .-. . / - --- / -.. .-. .. -. -.- / --- ...- .- .-.. - .. -. . "

Ralphie, trying to decipher that code visually was more difficult than sounding it out. 

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
w8khk

This ham got his ticket the old fashioned way.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 02:55:31 PM »

_ . . .    . . _    . _ .    _ _   . _   /   . . .   . . . .    . _   . . . _    .

. . _ .    _ . . .    _ _ _    _ _

. . . .   . .      . . . .   . .

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”   Ronald Reagan

My smart?phone voicetext screws up homophones, but they are crystal clear from my 75 meter plate-modulated AM transmitter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015