The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 10:13:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Climbing K2 on openwire feeders (28,251' - second to Mt Everest)  (Read 1474 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« on: December 07, 2021, 11:17:32 PM »

Start viewing this YouTube video at 12:00.    

For a few minutes I was convinced that the climber was pulling on an old openwire feeder by mistake -  stretched up the mountain long ago by some ham.  It looked beat up and broken enough to fool me.  I was convinced a ham on Field Day erected an antenna at the top and set up a station at camp 1 below....    My homebrew open wire looks exactly like that.  Too funny.  We sometimes see what we wanna see.  Grin Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzovtuGG0n8

BTW, this is an amazing video of how extremely difficult this K2 climb is.... much harder than Everest.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
AB3L
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 11:36:07 AM »

That reminds me of the ladders that were used to get above stage lighting trusses for concerts. Always amazing to watch four or five of the spot operators heading up without killing themselves. Also signaled the start of the concert...woo hoo!
I don't think I've seen that event in a couple of decades.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015