The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:20:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SX-43 panel  (Read 1509 times)
N9AXl

« on: October 05, 2021, 12:49:54 PM »

A very nit picky question - I have a repainted Hallicrafters SX-43 panel. I am planning to add a set of Radio Daze decals.
Does anyone know the distance between the panel hole and the end of the white decal line on the six knobs on the right.?
Or the horizontal distance from the edge of the panel for the leading character? It looks like about 1.5 inches

I am sort of assuming that the white indicator line on the decal lines up to the edge of the panel hole - and that way all the labels are uniform horizontally, but I've been unable to find a pic of a panel with the knobs removed to confirm.

The other question is what size screws went in the knobs. Many of the screws from the knobs are missing. The ones that were there were all allen screws not bristol. I guess I will remove the existing screws and put them on a micrometer.
WB6NVH

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 05:36:27 PM »

My SX-43 is in storage but the knob screws were just common Allen ones.  McMaster Carr or eBay would have them.

Geoff Fors
Monterey, California
N9AXl

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 06:01:38 PM »

Thanks. That’s sort of what I figured. Not a big deal - I just try to have good craftsmanship in what I work on and get things as close to original as possible.
I’d like people in 40 years not cussing at my repairs and calling me a nitwit. I have enough of those kind of projects waiting on my shelf .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015