The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:23:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New 1885  (Read 14027 times)
KB2WIG
Contributing

« on: December 21, 2017, 08:30:31 PM »

There is LIFE on 1885 KC ! !

klc

What? Me worry?
WB2EMS
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 12:46:37 PM »

Last few times I listened it seemed to have been taken over by slop buckets. Was imagining they wouldn't give way gracefully.

73 de Kevin, WB2EMS
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 02:28:13 PM »

They don't.......

Use it or loose it to slopbucket.... 
"
There may be a re-education part to this... Last night a group fired up on 1888 KC.  Is this a mindset of,  " 3 kc is enough ", common on castrated AM?   I listened up  and down around 20 KC, and it the frequencies were unused.

I'm only running a rice box, ~~ 20 W out, so I'm really pw.

Over the last week or so, w1lly, k1kbw, kb1vwc,kb1yfd have been on running a bit of power, so things can work out. KC2ut, about six miles to the west of me was 60dB/9 here..... Kevin, I'd suspect you too could be a 160m Am gangstra and strap the unwashed.

I'm gonna go out to day, and lay some mo radials on the snow. The operator, formally known as the HuzMan, started a thread on 'over length' inverted eLs, so maybe we'll have some more activity.

Lorum illis dura ! ! !

klc

What? Me worry?
WB2EMS
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »

There may be a re-education part to this... Last night a group fired up on 1888 KC.  Is this a mindset of,  " 3 kc is enough ", common on castrated AM?   I listened up  and down around 20 KC, and it the frequencies were unused.

Yeah, I noticed that too as I'm usually looking with an SDR. Slop on 85, and maybe some AM down on 80 was what I was seeing.

Over the last week or so, w1lly, k1kbw, kb1vwc,kb1yfd have been on running a bit of power, so things can work out.

I heard Bob talking about being on there so was going to check it out next chance I had.

KC2ut, about six miles to the west of me was 60dB/9 here..... Kevin, I'd suspect you too could be a 160m Am gangstra and strap the unwashed.

I need to check on the antenna a bit. Last I recall the back end of the 160 meter 'cloudburner' loop was snared in a deadfall. Don't want to be setting the woods on fire. I mean, I do, but in the wood stove only.  Shocked

Look for me sometime next week. If we get some reasonable weather I want to do some work on that and maybe a 630 meter antenna. I never heard anything back from UTC on two tries, so I guess I'm good to go.

In the meantime, walk softly and carry a big Festivus pole!

73 de Kevin, WB2EMS
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 07:36:24 PM »

You are working rare DX.... se ya.

Who would have said that  a few minutes ago?Huh

klc

it usta be first on the frequency owned it.

What? Me worry?
WB2EMS
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 03:30:27 PM »

Was that you on 75 last weekend when I was mobile? I was talking to Clark and someone else and I thought I heard your call but mobile QRN takes out bits and pieces. I can't believe how noisy some cars are as you pass them.

73 de Kevin, WB2EMS
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »

Yes it was... you were mostly Q5.....

Years ago I ran 40m mobile AM....." you"  need more work yo use 40 or 80 am....

What? Me worry?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015