The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:21:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thomson TH3T1100 Triode  (Read 11360 times)
WZ5Q

« on: July 08, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »

Howdy Y'all,
I am looking for someone that has any information on the Thomson TH3T1100 Triode. I know it is a Low Mu Triode very similar to the Eimac 3-1000H and was used as a High Power Oscillator in Industrial Heating Applications.

I have scrubbed the net, to no avail. I have also emailed Thales, the company that bought out Thomson, again to no avail. So as a last resort, I am hoping that someone might have the Data Sheet for this tube stored away in one of their books or archives.

Thanks in Advance,

* Thomson TH3T1100.jpg (34.51 KB, 450x600 - viewed 859 times.)

Mike
WZ5Q
From Deep Down in the Dark Dismal Swamps of the Calcasieu
http://www.wz5q.net
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »

Reminds me of a Philips QB5/1750. but it probably is not.. looks like a few others have been searching for the data too.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
WZ5Q

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 01:11:15 AM »

Yes, I saw that as well.
There were 2 dudes on a French Forum discussing this exact subject and one of them actually had the documentation.  I went ahead and emailed both of them. One of the email address' was bad and the email returned non-deliverable. The other ole boy has not responded to me as of yet.
I have also joined the French Forum and am trying to contact them from there as well.
This French Thread took place back in the year 2006, so I'm hoping they still have the data.

Mike
WZ5Q
WZ5Q

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:36:37 AM »

The French Connection has supplied the Unobtainium!!

I finally found the French dudes present day emails and sent each one of them an information request. Both of these good fellows returned my emails with the Data Sheet Attached! Thanks Fellas!

I have attached the Thomson TH3T1100 Data Sheet here for others that may need to find it in the future.
I have also attached a Translation I made of the Data to English as the original is printed in French.

* TH3T1100.pdf (447.84 KB - downloaded 633 times.)
* TH3T1100 Data Translation.pdf (62.64 KB - downloaded 757 times.)

Mike
WZ5Q
WZ5Q

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »

Thales Electron Devices (the company that bought out Thomson-CSF) got back with me again.
They were able to dig deep into their archives and actually found a data sheet for this tube.
It's even in English!!
Thank You Thales!
I have attached this English TH3T1100 Data Sheet.

* Thomson TH3T1100_a.pdf (2368.57 KB - downloaded 790 times.)

Mike
WZ5Q
WD5JKO

WD5JKO

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 12:35:07 PM »

Mike,

Good deal on the tube data. Getting a class C operating point for that tube on AM should be pretty easy now with that data, and plate curves.

SO, when are you going to build the thing?  Grin

Jim
WD5JKO
WZ5Q

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 04:08:06 AM »

Howdy Jim,
Its a process!  Smiley
I have all the Iron, Tubes, and most of the small parts now. The 160-10m Exciter/IPA is bread-boarded and functional. It's ready to be transferred to a new rack deck. The Speech Amp/Modulator will be next. I am piddling with it deck by deck until the new shack is built, then I can move the rack cabinets and Heavy Iron in for the major stuff. Just aighnt got no room rite now!  Tongue

I am using the Triton 3-1000H as the RF Final for this x'mitter. I have been looking for some spares and came across this Thomson TH3T1100. Now that I have the Tube Data, it looks like the parameters are close enough that I will be able to use it as a spare if need be. It was at a "can't pass it up" price.  Wink

I was hoping to have it on the air by this winter, but that depends on how fast I can get the new shack built.

Take Care,

Mike
WZ5Q
John K5PRO

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 02:08:50 PM »

Good deal, getting data for that old Thomson bottle. I am working constantly with the engineers at the Thales grid tube factory (east of Geneva in Thonon Les Bains, France).  Going there the last week of this month. It is a pleasant, modern factory, building Seimens, Brown Boveri, Telefunken and the extensive Thomson line of big power tubes. I don't think they are building any glass tubes anymore, neither is CPI/Eimac. 

Here are some pix of the place over the years, and the hotel that I use. French home cooked meals, fine wine and cheese of course.

* Thomson sign Thonon les Bains.jpg (190.33 KB, 901x375 - viewed 779 times.)

* Thales factor Thonon les Bains.jpg (697.81 KB, 1260x620 - viewed 920 times.)

* hotel.jpg (667.43 KB, 1260x945 - viewed 857 times.)
John K5PRO

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 02:11:45 PM »

Some of the Thales tubes that I am using at work. And a photo of a box of returns for some particular industrial triode.

* TH781.jpg (190.24 KB, 438x726 - viewed 859 times.)
* JL with TH628.pdf (910.77 KB - downloaded 364 times.)
WZ5Q

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 04:42:06 AM »

Howdy John,
WOW! Looks like you have a terrific Job! I used to work for EADS Aeroframe Services which was a French owned company (Airbus) here in the States. All of the upper management and allot of the mechanics/avionics guys were from France. I was supposed to spend some time in Bordeaux, but missed the opportunity due to some health issues. I was upset about that as it was my only chance to go over there. I really enjoyed working with the French guys, very different people and atmosphere for sure.

One friend used to send me Brazilian Coffee from Bordeaux. You couldn't get it here in the States. WOW, that was some good stuff.

Thanks for the pics. You got to love that rustic and aged (but well preserved) architecture and atmosphere.
Take Care,

Mike
WZ5Q
John K5PRO

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 03:04:33 AM »

They make tubes in an industrial town just down the road from Evian (of the water fame). Lots of springs on the south side of Lac Leman (the lake from Geneva). It does have some rustic charm including an old castle and a waterfront. Then the tube factory, oh boy. There are some old rigs there too, to RF test all those bottles they have made for decades there.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:31 PM »

Thales has a nice line of high power tubes The small ones, like the RS3005CL are 6KW output 2500W plate, 160Mhz. No need to worry about tubes for hams ever going totally away. Bet it aint cheap.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015