The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:07:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cincinnati AM Night at 9 PM EST this evening (Thursday), 1936 kc/s.  (Read 5584 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: December 30, 2010, 10:14:48 AM »

This year's annual AM night is this evening, starting at 9 PM EST and will run until everyone signs out, usually about midnight. AM night is always a rag-chew session, kind of like Heavy Metal night.  Last year about 60 AM stations checked in from all over the country. Many of the regular net members from the greater Cincinnati area drag out their old DX-100s, Vikings and other vintage AM gear they otherwise rarely use. Everyone is invited.  Last year they had some west-coast check-ins.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 01:57:25 AM »

54 check-ins this year.

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 02:33:43 AM »

Hey Don, you sounded great on the Global Tuner online reciever located in Connecticut.  Myself and several other hams from around the country had listened in at different times during the net.  One ham from Australia even hung out and text chatted while listening.  I have to say it was one of the best nets in AM that I have heard, despite a few sideband stations that insisted on operating a bit close.  At least they weren't there the entire 2 plus hours.

AMI#1684
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »

Heard some callsigns familiar to this BB, including WA1QIX, WD8BIL, KW1I amongst others. Probably missed a few.

I made my transmission early on, but monitored the whole thing while doing some work at the bench, even though I think I ni-cadded out for a while towards the middle, and took a couple of short breaks to the house.

I used the HF-300 rig to check in, but got the Gates back on line after the net was over.  Sure enough, I can tune it up all the way to 1995 now without the external L-network between transmitter and feedline. That's good, because I have another use for the 900/900pf split stator bread slicer.

- - -
KB5MD
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 08:57:51 PM »

So that's where everyone was...I called CQ on 75several times without any reply.  Lots of noise here last nite.  Happy New Year everyone!5
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015