The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:13:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: henry 2k classic (x)  (Read 5729 times)
ab3al
« on: July 08, 2007, 03:17:49 PM »

well i have been looking for a good amp at a good price for some time now.  I even started collecting parts to build one with the gs-35 tubes that i have laying around..  I just wasnt satisfied with the 75-100 carrier i could get out of my sb-230 conduction cooled amp.  Then through a friend of a friend i learned of a henry sittin in a row home basement in philly.  the om that used it passed 2 months ago and the family was trying to sell off the estate and had no clue about the ham stuff... they took the radios to hro and they were very kind to the family.. but they couldt move the henry... old people?  ROAD TRIP... it ended up being a 2k classix   x model.. which is the 100% duty over built power supply.  even has choke filter.  estimate about 175 lbs.  How much lady?  If you can get it out of here is $400 fair?

Ill get the dolly.

cant find a single scratch

73 mike
Rick K5IAR
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 04:33:33 PM »

You have you a dandy there, Mike, albeit noisy.  I have never been able to quiet the fan noise in the 3K X Premier to my satiisfaction, but she will certainly crank out the watts all day and all night.  Congratulations!  You won't have to worry about 100 watts now!

Rick/K5IAR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015