The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:16:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "As the wallet turns" or Flood damage update  (Read 2563 times)
W1IA

« on: November 16, 2006, 08:23:35 AM »

Well it finally happened the wallet went dry, but the house repairs are almost finished. Every morning for the past 3 weeks I have been wakened by the sound of pounding hammers. The back and front decks are finished and they have started the siding.

It is sad, but after it is all said and done it will have totaled about 50,000 worth of damage and we still haven’t looked at the basement. The scariest part was the contractor who was pulling the wet carpets up took and in direct lightening hit will he was in the ham shack…it was still raining towards the end of the flood and he climbed under the desk to pull the carpet out in the corner of the ham shack.  WHAM! A huge bolt only a few hundred yards away conducted though the ground and got him on the left arm that was in contact with the ground braid. Odd part was this guy suffered from headaches related to a bad heart condition…after the strike he said his headaches went away?

I am not sure how will get through it, but the gods must still be pissed? The tax bill came and to add insult the power vent blower motor for the furnace just quit!

As for the good news my daughter Mary has turned a corner in life and has abandoned the going no where route for a more productive life. Army basics training starts tomorrow at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO.  It is almost certain that she will be headed over-seas to Iraq…let’s hope not.

I always talk up antenna and radio projects to get myself motivated, but as the coffers are dry I will have to wait on many projects till next year. My youngest will be a senior in high school and has been making noises about med school. Hmmm….maybe a couple of years.

I hope to have another A.M. picnic here next June, so I am giving early notice to those who might want to attend. Course I will have to get Colleens approval. The new deck should easily accommodate 20 plus people YAY!

Brent(Tina)
W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 09:57:06 AM »

" Army basics training"    Yer sun might try the army fer the Doc thing...   No bills to pay ( only a few years of his life)..... klc

What? Me worry?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015