The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:35:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 75 Meters Tonight  (Read 4403 times)
Steve - WB3HUZ
« on: October 21, 2006, 01:41:29 AM »

Excellent conditions on 75 meters tonight. Got in there around 2330 local after spending about an hour on 160. The top band was a little noisy, but 75 was very quiet. Only locals (all with excellent sigs) on though, no midwest or further out stations. Did hear K4KYV up the band, but that was about it for AM DX. Where were all you guys out there on the great plains, Rockies and the Land of the Governator?

Stations worked

KB3AHE - Franz
AA3WH - Gary
KB2AM - Rich
KA2DZT - Phred
KC2JXX - Steve
W2DTC - Ken
KR4WI - Matt
KB1NFS - Clark
AA1JS - Hiram
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 07:33:37 AM »

Earlier in the evening, about 9 CDT, I worked Dewey, W0ZUS in Edgemont, SD for a while.  He was talking to Andy, WA0GAG in Grand Junction, but I couldn't hear Andy.  I could hear what sounded like signals from your direction, but nothing farther East than 9 land and they were not real strong.

On 160 I could not hear anyone talking.    This morning at 6 AM I am listening to a station in Denver running 40 watts with decent strength talking to Marv, KC 9VF who is on the weak side.  A few minutes ago Marv was talking to a station in the Flordia Keys. 

The band is noisy right now.  The noise I am hearing is the kind I heard last night and it isn't static, but sort of a rushing noise much louder than I have heard before. 
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »

I think 75 meters was relatively short last night.

I heard that rushing sound on 160 meters too. It didn't show up until after 11PM ET last night. Haven't heard anything like it before on 160.
KL7OF

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 03:31:02 PM »

The rushing noise was evident out west as well... condx were mediocre..... sometimes very strong and fadig to almost nothing...160 and 75 both acting about the same.....Worked K4KYV Don in TN , K0EOO and KB8BP in Muskegon Mich..and W6BCN,Don in Rialto Calif......  Heard HUZ and others about 8 PM Pacific but you guys weren't strong enough to call....  Steve
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 04:26:35 PM »

160 was a little noisy here, but 75 in good shape, with west coast stations audible.

I notice the radiolocation beacon on 1953 has been gone for a couple of weeks now.  Maybe it's gone for good this time.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 01:34:33 AM »

160 meters was nice again tonight but mostly close-in stuff. Seventy-five started to stretch after about 11Pm ET. Worked WA0ZZH (via KC9VF) and K0EOO around midnight. Heard one or two 9-landers in there a little later. Not much else from out west though.
Bill, KD0HG

304-TH - Workin' it

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 11:21:43 AM »

Right around sunset (8 PM EDT)  I was hearing the NE quite well, worked Jack, W9GT in Ft. Wayne with solid sigs both ways on 3880. I signed for dinner and never got back on.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 12:39:14 PM »

Steve, I heard you and Dave K2DK in there last night. After week of 12 hour days, I just didn't have the stamina to settle in for a QSO. You were quite strapping up here from Lightfoot, but Dave seemed to be lacking full modulation. His carrier was strong but audio was lacking.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
KR4WI
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 01:19:17 PM »

I had alot of fun with this qso, my first break in qso. Im going have to get a t/r switch if I do this much. Sunday morn was great for dx, about 1:30 et I was hearing vks, zls, and europe coming in strong on my wire ant. Matthew KR4WI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015