The AM Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:51:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZENITH TRANSISTOR TRANSOCEANIC  (Read 6881 times)
John K5PRO

« on: August 27, 2006, 08:04:13 PM »

I picked up a Royal 3000-1 Saturday, but need the front cover that has the charts and time zone thing on it. Anybody got a junker?
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:43:09 PM »

Hi John,

I have a complete used case assembly (no electronics or speaker) for the Zenith T-O Royal 3000 and this includes the drop-down front cover. Unfortunately, like so many of these radios, the chrome plating is shot due to age and poor storage conditions.  I got this unit years ago and used the guts to restore another Royal 3000 that was in great cosmetic shape but needed some unique component parts replaced.

I do not have the paperwork for this 3000 that was inserted into the space below the "map of the world" located inside the front cover.

I can't see charging anyone for this due to it's condition, but it's yours for the asking plus the cost of shipping.

The only thing I'm looking for is a Simpson Model 29 200 MA DC panel meter; don't know if you have one!

Let me know if this is of any help to you!

Best 73,

Bruce, WA2OGS

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:13:45 PM »

Nice rigs. No experience with the sand-state versions, but if they're anything like the 1v tube versions, you'll enjoy it. My H-500 is one of the best sounding receivers I have, amazing for its size and composition. I do have some parts kicking around for the 500, obviously no help to you now but keep me in mind if you come across a '500.

Good luck with it, John.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
John K5PRO

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 07:51:57 PM »

Bruce
I will check for the Simpson meter, as I have access to a very well stocked collection. Also, thanks I would love to get that junker TO receiver. Let me check on the meter first.
John
John K5PRO

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:01:57 PM »

WA2OGS, Bruce,
I have a nice Simpson 29, big meter, but it is a 1 mA DC movement. The internal resistance is marked 90 ohms, the catalog lists a # 05070 with 43 ohms approx. Your meter should have had approx 0.5 ohms according to the catalog. You can easily shunt this meter with another R and get 200 mA FS. The printed scale on my meter is 0 to 10 kV DC. You would have to make a new scale for mA. Let me know if you want it, we can do a trade for the old RX.
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:49:17 AM »

Hi John,

Thanks for the nice offer on the meter, but I think I'll wait for the real thing; they are still fairly common. Other than that, there's not too much I'm looking for now other than an Orban Optimod 9100A or 9100B (mono), but I don't think that would be a fair trade! If you know of one available, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Give me a day or so to get a box to pack this Royal 3000 cabinet up and I'll let you know the shipping charge via USPS Priority mail.

Thanks & Best 73,

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015