The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:30:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eddystone User Group and Web Site  (Read 4911 times)
Warren
« on: May 19, 2006, 11:34:58 AM »

Hello the list,

For the past 16 years the Eddystone User Group has been a membership organization dedicated to Eddystone receiver enthusiasts and has published a beautiful quarterly magazine "The Lighthouse" . (Eddystone radio taking its name and logo from the world's first offshore lighthouse, the Eddystone light). The Lighthouse was considered by many to be the best magazine devoted to the vintage radio subject.
Graham Wormald G3GGL was the editor, publisher and membership director for the club and has recently decieded to retire from that position having reached an advanced age. No one was willing or able to replace Graham, so the magazine's run ended with the April 2006 edition. In its place is now a website devoted to Eddystone radios:
http://www.eddystoneusergroup.org.uk/

Have a look at these fine vintage radios which as the saying goes were "built like battleships and styled like dreamboats"

73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ & member E.U.G.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 03:23:42 PM »

Warren,
          Many thanks for sharing this with us all and good talking to you on 75M the other evening.
Very Best Regards,
                         Joe Cro N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
W2JBL

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 09:54:37 PM »

while it does not come out of the vault often, i love my Eddystone (U.S. Rifle Model of 1917). it's a Griffen and Howe sporter done in the 30's. oops! you are talking about radios. i'm on the wrong forum...HA!
Warren
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 08:45:35 AM »

Hi Joe and Chris,
   Joe good talking to you the other day, you should consider adding an Eddystone (or two) to your collection, perhaps an 830/7 or an 888.
   Chris, yes Eddystone rifles and there was an Eddystone locomotive company in Pennsylvania as well.

While browsing the Eddystone web page I came across something of general interest:
"The Duffers Guide to Valve Set Fault Finding" a great common sense approach to troubleshooting old tube radios. Direct link pasted below:

http://www.eddystoneusergroup.org.uk/Tech%20Information/Duffers%20Guide%20to%20Valve%20Set%20fault%20finding%20-%20Parts%201%20to%208.pdf

73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ member E.U.G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015