The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:51:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaning up the XE1RCQ Museum  (Read 6280 times)
xe1yzy

« on: May 17, 2006, 06:18:50 PM »

Hello guys

Following you will found some pictures of mi local radio club, XE1RCQ, located in Queretaro Mexico, 150 miles to the north of Mexico city, we need to clean up all the mess before the september Hamfest.

Hope you enjoy

http://es.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/parnaudl/album?.dir=/2223scd

TVI WHAT TVI?
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 07:28:27 PM »

It's always interesting to see old gear from other parts of the world. A lot looks homebrew too. Good luck with the clean up efforts.

Looks like someone got creative with the receiver below:   Grin

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

Fantastic stuff!  I Wish I was a member of your radio club!!!
Joe N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
wa2zdy
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 09:17:28 PM »

Oh yes, a lot of work went into some of that stuff.  I like the receiver with the magic eye.  I'd love to have somethiing like that.  The magic eye was . . .  well it was magic indeed.  Last thing I had with a magic eye tube was a McMurdo Silver 1517 inthe floor cabinet with the 18 inch electromagnet speaker.  What a sound that was.

The fluorescent green Hammarlund . . .  that would wake up a drunk on a cold morning!

Good luck with your cleanup and fester.
xe1yzy

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 09:35:07 PM »

Hi Tom, Joe and Chris...

Yes, that green flourecent radio is an HQ-129, maybe the owner was very agree with the frase " real radios glow in the dark"  Grin

Did you see the old "reactive" rcvr?, the very old wood radio with the lid open, I never seen one of those before, its a very intersting one, he make me read about " reactive receivers"

The Radio with the magic eye, is a Scott  Marine Radio, the model is SLRM, this radio have a very good shield to avoid be detected by the submarines, in the WWII, all the oscilator are in a can, unfortunatly some guy removes all the tubes  Angry, the good news is I almost  have a new set ready!, I really want to get back to life that rig. the magic eyes gives a particular charm to any rig, im agree

Joe, im also wish you been here to give a hand with this project. BTW, Im going to donate a complet AM station to the club, hope we can made a qso!

TVI WHAT TVI?
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »

Oh yes, a lot of work went into some of that stuff.  I like the receiver with the magic eye.  I'd love to have somethiing like that.  The magic eye was . . .  well it was magic indeed.  Last thing I had with a magic eye tube was a McMurdo Silver 1517 inthe floor cabinet with the 18 inch electromagnet speaker.  What a sound that was.

The fluorescent green Hammarlund . . .  that would wake up a drunk on a cold morning!

Good luck with your cleanup and fester.

Chris - Those McMurdo Silvers' were terrific receivers. Ditto on the Scott's, particularly the "Philharmonic", etc.

"eye tubes, 6E5,6U5, etc are kewlbeanerz. I have one I use from a 1937 homebrew. If the station is "strapping I give them a signal report of"portullis is shut"

Regards,
           Joe N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015