The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:54:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You never know who you will find, even at a small hamfest  (Read 3409 times)
The Slab Bacon

« on: April 23, 2006, 09:40:19 PM »

Since it has been since fall since I have been to a hamfest, I have been jonesin for a fester. Despite the crappy wx this morning, I decided to ride up to the york hamfest.

This fest has never seemed to reach its original size since they moved it from the old site at the York fairgrounds, and with the crappy weather, the turnout was quite small, only about a dozen or so venders, really not at all worth the hour ride. However every dark cloud has its silver lining. The trip was made enjoyable due to the cast of charactors that I ran into there.

I arrived right around 8:00 amd found John (W3JN) already there, A few minutes later Carlyle Ed (N3LHB) showed up, then a few more munutes later Ken (W2DTC) arrived and last but not least came Bill (KA3VID). This crew privided for some great eyeball ragchewing. John (like myself) is usually always a fixture at local festers. It was great to see Ed, I havent seen him in probably close to 10 years. And last but not least, I would have never expected to see Ken at small fest that far from home. Ken took a few pictures while he was there, look for them sometime soon on his website.

It just goes to show that sometimes even small rain soaked festers can end up being well worth going to! Ya just never know!!
                                                                 The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Ed - N3LHB
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 11:19:11 PM »

Frank, great seeing you again, sure do miss those eastern hamfesters, wow, they are getting smaller for sure... It was nice to see W3JN again too, hey JN, we'll see you at Dayton!... Hope it's bigger than York, hihi.

We made another lap about the show and ran into Mike, WB3CTC and Ted W3PWW, what a blast... Haven't seen either of those guys since I left Carlisle a lonnnngggg time ago...

Didn't get anything there today, but did see a few interesting pieces. When I went back for a second peek, they were gone. If you snooze, ya'll lose.. 73's, N3LHB..   
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

Yup, it was great seeing all you guys there.  What a surprise!  I saw Ed, and it clicked "man, that guy's familiar, looks a lot like LHB", but I couldn't believe it was him until he introduced himself  Grin

And then Ken DTC walks up!  Ya just never know....

BTW I scored a box of 2A3s, 6550s, and 5Z3s for a good price.  That and a box of switches was it  Undecided

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015