The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:47:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED arrays & bulbs--hundreds of configs.  (Read 2496 times)
K6IC
Contributing

« on: March 31, 2006, 01:45:34 PM »

Just FYI,

Have been watching this company come up with hundreds of different LED Lamp and Bulb arrays.

I have not bought from them,  but they have something for everyone.

This link has some bayonet lamp replacements which may be interesting for that difficult-to-replace application.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=4386621.652&next=50

(Use the buttons at the bottom to navigate to other products).

Vic  K6IC
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 07:38:44 AM »

Vic thank you for this link.

I agree that LED replacements for filament-type bulbs are pretty neat. The only problem I have is the inaccurate "color" of white when used in panel bulbs and for illumination.

It's probably been about 20 years since I bought at the Dayton hamfest some type 327 bayonet replacements as pilot indicators on what then was my "big rig." And while they were expensive (maybe $5 each), they still light up after many, many hours.

In this case, each bulb consists of four very tiny non-encapsulated red LEDs embedded in a front-firing plastic barrel on top of the standard 327 base. Their appearance is great since they are diffused by the jewel on the front of the housing of the pilot light assembly. Otherwise I don't think they would look right since each light point is very distinct.

The link you posted includes some right angle mounts on automotive bulbs. I may order a couple of the white 90s for the trunk of the car, so they'll project downward.  I was disappointed they don't list candlepower or lumens or footcandles to compare.

K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 02:13:37 PM »

Hey Paul,

Yea,  prob should have posted two links ...seems to be no Home Page button from within buy page.

This appears to be the top level of the site:
http://superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm   .

Saw a review in arcade game lighting application :   http://www.retroblast.com/reviews/superbright.html

I was hoping that you would buy a slug of these lamps,  run some exhaustive experiments and report back,  so I would not have to (hi).

Have seen LED auto bulb replacements in bubble packs.  It is obvious that some current model cars use LEDs for tail and stop lamps,  so many of this co's bulbs may be for/from that application.

The festoon lamps look interesting ... perhaps one could be used in the  S-meter lamp apps for those radios which always seem to blow these hard to find lamps.

Anyway,  that is all for now  SK      DE    Vic   K6IC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015