The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:00:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: am skeds  (Read 4405 times)
ad5fd
« on: March 26, 2006, 04:01:37 PM »

can we do am skeds postings here?  if so anyone in the ok tx ks co nm area wanna do some 40m am on 7290?  email me at n5wdz@yahoo.com if interested.  i only have a ricebox icom706 on a cushcraft vertical or a 40m dipole for nvis work, but wanna try anyway.
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 06:07:14 PM »

Sure, this is a good a place as any to try to set up a sked.
What time do you think you'll be on?
I see you're thinking of working closer-in stations, and that's cool.
Meantime, I've lost track of when there may be a path from the mid-Atlantic region out your way, but I'm game also.

Jim, W5JO

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 07:44:01 PM »

Hey Tom, from my old stompting grounds, Amarillo, TX.  I don't think the propogation gods will be in our favor.  40 meters is quite long in the day time and way out there in the evening. 

I check into a net on 3.933 SSb ocassionally at 6 CST and hear nice signals from there.  Can you get on 75/3.885 in the afternoon around 5 or so?  There is a guy in Rio Ranchos who is on 40 in the daytime that I hear very well.  Much between here and there is limited.  What is your suggestion for day and time?  I will try, but bet you have an easier time with Paul or someone in 8 or 9 land.  If you don't hear anyone, give a call, someone will probably answer you on 7.290-95.

ad5fd
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 11:23:01 PM »

ok fb guys...sry i didnt get back to rig to make sked today...

heres my dilema...i dont think my 40 watt rig will hold up on 75m at night..evening MAYBE...thats y i chose 40m daytime...i hear oklahma stations good here and west to albequerque to near durango, co.  so east coast in evening may be interesting.  plus 40m daytime gives me a chance to compare the 2 antennas.  i want to try this farly regular if i can, and maybe someday build a good am station.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015