The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:22:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lankford R390A mods and lots of other RX improvements  (Read 15032 times)
John K5PRO

« on: March 07, 2006, 02:31:52 PM »

Go to this website and select the Dallas Files, for Dallas Lankfords interesting papers on various receivers, along with some neat phased MW antenna projects and a synch demod.

http://www.kongsfjord.no/
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 08:44:30 AM »

John - thanks for that!  I've read plenty about the "Langford AGC mods" but had never seen them.  There's plenty of good schtuff here on other receivers as well.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WA1GFZ

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 10:25:23 AM »

Dallas is a sharp guy!
N9NEO

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 03:24:12 PM »

There is a sync detector group on Yahoo.  Synch_AM  - that some of you RX Gurus might like to stop by and check out.  I am RX NOOBIE.  I joined group last week.

One of Dallas paper on the site claims very good results with elliptic low pass.  I guess plan is just to tune offset and reduce audio bandwidth. I have heard others claiming FB as well.  I am putting an elliptic audio filter on a board with a precision full bridge detector ala  K2CU.  Next project maybe Dallas  Ilosmd markIII.

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/alowdisdet.htm

Bare boards 20 bucks each for precision rectifier and filter.  10 bucks if I can squeeze 2 sets on a board.

Frank,
Hope to get over there soon with your driver board.  Worked good with no track hacks to get running.  Hope I might be able to bid on Racal when it is done.  Wife and I are looking at vacation this year.  Either UK or Down old RT66 to LA.  If money left over then it would be good invest.  Sold my R8B.

John,
I built a 160m push-pull rig and am running it FB with a JN oscillator.

Bob

I'd rather be anatomically correct than politically correct!
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 02:40:49 PM »

Bob,
The end of RT66 is PCH RT1. Across the street is Gladstones. I go there every time I go to LA for a good fish meal and watch the surf.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015