The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:52:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're Never Fully Dressed...  (Read 4722 times)
John Holotko

« on: February 05, 2006, 01:09:58 AM »

It seems  like nowadays you're never fully dressed unless you wear your  "ipod compatable jeans" . A vital part of today's  wardrobe. This is unbelievabke. What will they try and sell next ??

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7212.cfm

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 11:06:43 AM »

Today's people want to walk around in some kind of music induced fantasy land for some reason. Listening at home and in the car is just not enough.

I came within inches of running some jackass down with the snow plow the last storm we had up here. He had a set of headphones on and just walked right off the sidewalk. Never even heard me coming, or looked for traffic. At least I was awake, or he'd be dead.

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
John Holotko

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »

Today's people want to walk around in some kind of music induced fantasy land for some reason. Listening at home and in the car is just not enough.

I came within inches of running some jackass down with the snow plow the last storm we had up here. He had a set of headphones on and just walked right off the sidewalk. Never even heard me coming, or looked for traffic. At least I was awake, or he'd be dead.

One Christmas many  years ago my  parents gave to me a SONY Walkman portable casette player with earphones. They had justhit the market and it was great to have one. The next day I put a copy of my favorite music tape inside and went out walking.I never heard the car coming that wizzed by me and missed hitting me by only inches. I realized then and there how dangerous those music players are when walking in traffic.

These days I sometimes carry a tiny digital mp3 player. It's a capsule shaped device no bigger than a small pill vial, runs all day on a single AAA battery, holds hours and hours of music, has a digital display, am /fm a USB interfasce to connect to a computer and it records. Really  amazing small but powerful technology. But I am ultra careful walking in public and I turn the volume way down or even shut it off if I am in traffic.  I'll never forget that  first incident and near hit with that Walkman. Pretty scary.

One thing for certain.I certainly don't need a pair  of jeans designed to carry trendy consumer electronics.

k3zrf

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 03:23:09 PM »

It seems  like nowadays you're never fully dressed unless you wear your  "ipod compatable jeans" . A vital part of today's  wardrobe.

I see your point as I wouldn't recognize you sans the handgun Cool

dave/zrf
A closed mouth gathers no foot
John Holotko

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 10:02:24 PM »

It seems  like nowadays you're never fully dressed unless you wear your  "ipod compatable jeans" . A vital part of today's  wardrobe.

I see your point as I wouldn't recognize you sans the handgun Cool

Heh he...   I really should loose that hand gun already. Besides , it is bad  manners to point..I have to see if I can dig up a friendlier avatar.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015