The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:26:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleting Posts  (Read 8697 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: December 03, 2005, 03:13:46 PM »

Is there a way for an author of a post to delete a post that was posted by mistake?  Thanks.
B

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 05:31:34 PM »

Hi Bob

Yes, just use the delete button in the upper right hand corner.

This function is good for the author of the post only.

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 07:01:14 PM »

Thanks Gary, I didn't notice if that button existed in the post I wanted to delete in the Wanted section.  I'll check it out.

Bob

Bob
W1RKW
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:05:07 PM »

Gary,
I tried to delete the Transformer Ratings topic in the Wanted section.  The BB wouldn't allow me to do it.  I got this message when I tried:  You cannot delete your own topics in this board.

You can delete this as I posted my question to QSO where it belonged instead.

Bob
W1RKW
WA3VJB
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 11:41:54 AM »

When you delete a post, where permitted, it goes into a Quarantine section where we then review it and purge it. This gives a second chance to questionable material that allows us to either move it to a more suitable category, or flush it as requested or deemed by the moderators.

As for areas where you're not permitted to delete your own topic -- Don't worry about cluttering up the board when you later consider posting in a different category. Just to into and EDIT your unwanted post, adding a note to tell us this has been started or moved elsewhere, and we will catch your advisory and delete the redundant one.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 11:45:31 AM »

When you delete a post, where permitted, it goes into a Quarantine section where we then review it and purge it. This gives a second chance to questionable material that allows us to either move it to a more suitable category, or flush it as requested or deemed by the moderators.

As for areas where you're not permitted to delete your own topic -- Don't worry about cluttering up the board when you later consider posting in a different category. Just to into and EDIT your unwanted post, adding a note to tell us this has been started or moved elsewhere, and we will catch your advisory and delete the redundant one.

Either that or VJB will send his big dog over to knock you over and lick your face.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015