The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:55:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 and 6mtr monobanders  (Read 22975 times)
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2005, 10:07:40 PM »

I would love to get on 6m but I would like to get a crank-up/fold-over tower. I have a brand new three element beam in the box along with a Ham V rotor. I need a good 6m AM rig but I know where I can get one. I do have a (gulp) Icom 551D for that nice yeallowy sound.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2005, 10:45:56 PM »

I would love to get on 6m but I would like to get a crank-up/fold-over tower. I have a brand new three element beam in the box along with a Ham V rotor. I need a good 6m AM rig but I know where I can get one. I do have a (gulp) Icom 551D for that nice yeallowy sound.

Mike,

The IC-551D has a great receiver compared to many of the newer transceivers. You have the 100W version, lucky you.

That rig can be modified to sound good on AM, tho  I don't have the mods. Wish I had one that works well.  I tried one that had TX problems, so modified my FT-1000D to accept transverters. That turned out to be the best combo so far.

Hope you get on wid the 3el Yagi. We will hear you up in CT, no problem on USB, but AM will depend upon how good your location is. I'm putting in a big ant effort for 300-450 miles 6M range, and may be ready by Dec with some luck. See ya then.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015