The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:55:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Solution to getting the AM Forum  (Read 7145 times)
K3ZS

« on: August 30, 2005, 08:44:44 AM »

With the switch to the new web site I had the same problem as others with the AM Forum not appearing.  I blamed it on the extremly slow Penn State dialup "service", I get it free as a retired employee.  I was considering a paid dialup service.  I have a Windows XP Home version that I have been keeping up-to-date.  I have another old junker computer with a corporate version of XP Professiional and an older version of Explorer.  I tried the AM Forum on it and it worked fine.  Came back the the new computer and disabled firewalls and Norton Antivirus, but still no luck with the AM Forum.  I then realized I had Netscape 7 on the computer (needed it to access the FCC a while ago).  I tried it an the AM Forum popped up quickly.  All I can say is use anything but IE and you probably won't have any problems accessing the AM Forum.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 11:36:21 AM »

I use Mazilla Firefox.  Still keep the IE icon on the desktop because occasionally certain sites won't work in Firefox.  I especially like Firefox's tabs feature.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 01:38:32 PM »

I must be living good. Both IE and Firefox work fine getting to and using the forum.  Some slight resizing of certain parts of sections in the forum, windowing both Firefox and IE side by side on the screen, but otherwise, no differences. Grin

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 10:14:35 PM »

I don't have any problems and I'm running Internot Exploiter and Windoze Eks Pee Homely Edition.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015